I am thin
BMI calculator: am I too fat or too thin?
The BMI calculator and the age
You can use the index to assess whether you are underweight or overweight or obese. Just measure your weight and height and off you go! But be careful: people often forget to take age into account. This changes the assessment decisively, because the ideal value shifts up to 5 points over the years. The following table shows which category you are in. Only those who are under 19 have to be patient until he or she can calculate his or her body mass index.
|19 - 24 years||19 - 24|
|25 - 34 years|
20 - 25
|35 - 44 years||21 - 26|
|45 - 54 years||22 - 27|
|55 - 64 years||23 - 28|
|> 64 years||24 - 29|
How does a BMI calculator work?
If you look at the calculation method, you can see that this is not a rocket science. You simply divide your own body weight by the square of your height. So the formula is:
BMI = x KG / x meters²
If you feel like it, you can calculate your BMI yourself. However, the simplicity of the rating system is also a gateway for misdiagnosis ...
Bad values = bad health?
The index can be an indication of a weight that is too low or too high in relation to its size. So it is advisable to land in the green, that is, to bring normal weight on the scales. But if the BMI calculator gives you an unpleasant result, you don't have to despair immediately: the scale is not suitable for very small or very large people. A small body size, for example, causes the BMI to increase more than is absolutely realistic - after all, this is below the fraction line. And even muscular people cannot expect accurate results, since muscles weigh more than fat and are not at all a sign of poor physical condition, on the contrary!
BMI calculator - all lazy magic?
So is it best not to calculate your BMI in the first place? Far from it, you should only do the test as a test. The waist circumference also plays a role and ultimately it is not taken into account in the BMI. If women are more than 88 centimeters in circumference or men are more than 102 centimeters in the middle and the diagnosis is overweight, it is important to BE CAREFUL! Down with the pounds or your health suffers. Because if you put on too much belly fat, your blood sugar level is higher and your blood pressure is also above the recommended level. With enough exercise and a healthy, balanced diet, most can achieve healthy values again.
WHtR for the waist circumference
Do you want to be even more precise, like with the BMI calculator? The "WHtR" was developed for this. The 4 letters stand for "Waist-to-Height-Ratio" and this test determines the ratio of waist to height. And if you calculate this together with the Body Mass Index, you will know exactly whether you are too full, too lean or simply of normal weight!#Subjects
- What is the best woofer or subwoofer
- Is Arnab Goswami still relevant
- How to say damage in Vietnamese
- Can be dry outlet painless
- Deliver Fedex on Memorial Day
- Where in Scotland is the River Dee
- Quantum Bayesianism means solipsism
- How do people become UI designers
- How much do people charge for presentations
- What is the law about GPS tracking
- What is the apex fallacy
- Did you receive information from DXC?
- Are there alternatives to credit cards
- How is your art painting
- All viruses change your DNA
- Believes Bollywood in one night stands
- Are there still cannibals today
- What is translational motion? Give examples
- What are armed military heavy weapons
- Why is Macbeth called a Scottish piece
- Will Jio Sim work in Jammu 1
- What is a grill
- What is an example of a static equilibrium
- Why did FC Barcelona sell Yaya Toure