What is the odds ratio formula?
from English: odds - odds, chances and ratio - ratio
Synonyms: odds ratio, risk ratio, opportunity ratio, cross product ratio, odds ratio
The Odds ratio, short OR, or that Odds ratio is a measure from statistics that says something about the strength of a relationship between two characteristics. Two "odds" are compared with one another. The odds ratio relates to odds and not to probabilities such as relative risk (RR).
The data obtained can be presented in a crosstab:
|Number of people with risk factor||Number of people without a risk factor|
The odds ratio is then calculated as follows:
- (x / v) / (y / w)
- or (x / y) / (v / w)
- or x * w / y * v.
It can have values between 0 and ∞.
A value greater than 1 means that the odds of the first group are greater, a value less than 1 means that the odds of the first group are smaller. A value of 1 means an equal odds ratio.
The odds ratio is often used in epidemiology to express how closely a suspected risk factor is related to a specific disease. One compares people with a potential risk factor for a disease with people who have this risk factor Not exhibit. The odds ratio then expresses how much greater the chance in the group with a risk factor is to get sick - compared to the chance in the group without a risk factor.
In the context of case-control studies, the odds ratio is often used to assess the ratio of sick and healthy people after exposure to a potentially harmful agent. In principle, however, the odds ratio can be used for all study designs (e.g. also for cross-sectional studies).
- How does an M4 carbine work
- How are abstract objects real?
- Who is Dhoni's favorite football player
- What is the best airport in japan
- Do we still need portfolio managers
- What are the best whimsical wedding favors
- Meets Uber Investor Expectations
- How is the Lexus SC400 engine
- What if birds don't sing and scream
- What are some internet marketing services
- Christians really believe in the devil
- Can I freeze falafel?
- Is there a real vegetarian
- What are some great Lego set ideas
- What does it mean?
- How often do insurance companies go under
- What are some underrated Yoko Ono songs
- What should my home exercise routine be
- Why weren't presidents atheists?
- Where in Scotland is the River Dee
- What are the Applications of Computational Mathematics
- How do I test myself
- How do I start the boot camp on a Mac
- What are some monitoring software