What does pompoes
Part of speech: adjectiveIncreases:
- positive pompous, Comparative more pompous, Superlative most pompous
- outdated: pompous
- pom | pös, comparative: pom | pö | ser, superlative: am pom | pö | ses | ten
- IPA: [pɔmˈpøːs]
- 1) with a lot of pomp, ornaments
- The word pompous became synonymous with French around 1700 pompeux borrowed that in late Latin pomposus “Splendidly” goes back.
- Derivation of the noun pomp with the suffix (derivative) -es
- 1) massive, pompous, pompous, baroque, derogatory:overloaded, outdated: pompous
- 1) gorgeous
- 1) That pompous The wedding ceremony took place on a property adapted to the architectural style of the 16th century near Atlanta. For the festival there was a multi-tiered wedding cake with a white chocolate coating.
- 1) “He shows her the travel agency's print on glossy paper with a pompous Autobus on the front page. "
- 1) “In his pompous Hotel suite in Los Angeles, Johnny Fontane drank himself a high like any other jealous husband. "
- English: 1) pompous
- French: 1) pompeux
- Swedish: 1) pompous, pompous
- Spanish: 1) pomposo (male)
- Czech: 1) pompézní
Similar words (German):porous
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Just as big and pompous marry like Harry and Meghan: Princess Eugenie is in the pillory for this project.“
Day 24, August 20, 2018
„South Korean President Moon is at the summit meeting with President Kim in Pyongyang pompous been received. It's their third encounter - and maybe the most difficult.“
tagesschau.de, September 18, 2018
„For the first time in more than a decade, a South Korean president is visiting North Korea's capital. The reception in Pyongyang was very warm and pompous out.“
Deutsche Welle, September 18, 2018
„No, quite like that pompous as with his ex-wife, Trevor Engelson's second wedding will not have been. But not everyone can marry a royal. Did Duchess Meghan send congratulations anyway?“
n-tv.de, October 10, 2018
„With a pompous announced migration pact, the UN wants to regulate global migration. That is commendable, but the authors overshoot the mark.“
NZZ Online, October 24, 2018
„Do the young royals like it pompous and sumptuous, modern or would you prefer cozy and family-friendly? Take a look behind the palace walls with us.“
Gala.de, May 12, 2020
„It's formal: the Emirates and Bahrain recognize Israel. US President Trump continued to sign the agreement pompous in scene.“
TAZ, September 15, 2020
„For many young people, the graduation ball is the highlight at the end of their school days. The festival often falls pompous out - and repeatedly plunges organizers into debt. The Stiftung Warentest gives tips.“
Spiegel Online, November 8, 2019
„Life in the showbiz business is pompous and splendid, loud and wild. The longing for peace is almost logical. Jennifer Aniston also has this very specific idea of the relaxed old age.“
LooMee TV, February 20, 2020
„Own beauty stores in a prime location, pompous advertised creams and whole flacon battalions when a new perfume comes onto the market: Why the big luxury brands in the beauty sector are currently upgrading their products.“
sueddeutsche.de, November 29, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Grammar / Declinations
Inflection pompös - The declension of the adjective pompös
|Masculine||the pompous one||of the pompous||the pompous one||the pompous one|
|Feminine||the pompous one||the pompous one||the pompous one||the pompous one|
|neuter||the pompous||of the pompous||the pompous one||the pompous|
|Plural||the pompous||the pompous one||the pompous one||the pompous|
|Masculine||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one|
|Feminine||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one|
|neuter||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one||a pompous one|
|Feminine||pompous||more pompous||more pompous||pompous|
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- extraordinary: lifting out, withdrawing; extraordinary, unusual, above average; very much; lying outside of a constitutional order
- significant: with a lot of prestige and influence; being of great importance; very much
- bombastic: derogatory: pompous, grandiose; much more than average
- enormously: significant, far more than average; adverbial use, reinforcement: very, excessively
- considerably: considerable, significant, important, serious
- exorbitant: huge, out of scale, extraordinary, enormous
- extreme: extremely, unsurpassable; colloquial: extraordinary, special; excessively
- brilliant: Medicine starting suddenly, violent and rapid; magnificent, great; powerful, strong, violent; tlwva. threatening
- enormous: very large or very significant; very; endowed with a lot of power
- large: of considerable extent; more than average; grown up; of great importance, remarkable; in connection with measurements and units of measurement these are often followed up: in this (certain) size, having this size
- enormous: so immense, excessive, oversized, large or huge that it amazes
- incredible: unbelievable, unlikely; of extraordinary size, intensity, number; outrageous, inappropriate
- lush: in great abundance (available)
Another word (synonym) for pompous - source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "pompous":
magnifique: ... plural magnifiques pronunciation / emphasis: IPA: [ma.ɲi.fik] word meaning / definition: 1) pompous, grandiose, great, bare, splendid, stately, wonderful, splendid ...
reception: ... warmly welcomed by everyone. 3) The diva's reception at Liechtenstein Castle was pompous. 4) The room keys can be handed in at reception. 5) When receiving the ...
Exit: ... after a few steps to an iron door. 2) Despite catastrophic polls, his departure was pompously staged. 2) Our association is shrinking because the membership statistics show that ...
cheesy: tasteless, stylish, ornate, pompous, sentimental opposing words: 1) elegant, stylish Examples of use: 1) this is a really kitschy porcelain figure
incognito: ... noscere, gnoscere = to get to know Synonyms: 1) unrecognized Opposite words: 1) pompous, with a great roar. Superordinate terms: 1) secret Subordinate terms: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Pompous" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/pompös/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "pompous" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzə]…
pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | sem Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzm̩]…
pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: pom | pö | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzn̩]…
more pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ser Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzɐ]…
more pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se | re Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzəʁə]…
more pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se | rem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se | rer Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | se | res Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ses Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzəs]…
most pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ses | te Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzəstə]…
most pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ses | tem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
most pompous (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ses | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more pompous (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: pom | pö | ses | ter Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɔmˈpøːzəstɐ]…
- Why is advertising material important
- Films change your perception of reality
- How energy efficient are traffic lights
- What are some types of pharmaceutical jobs
- What are our options for WooCommerce POS
- Have you ever failed in your endeavors
- What is your opinion on communism
- Is there an accurate DNA test
- Discontinued Hobby Lobby at age 14
- How do government agendas affect public services?
- Why are NITs so damaged
- Why do you only press during contractions
- Is petroleum jelly really made from petroleum?
- Which is the best institute for digital marketing
- Can Magnus Carlsen get better
- What does an event coordinator do
- What is a root canal biofilm
- What is the value of cot60
- How do I learn to drill
- What are your fears of God?
- Which classes are considered computer science
- What is the lowest number of polarimeters
- What online trading programs have you tried
- Why do we need mobile e-commerce