Who makes electric charging stations
Charging stations for electric cars: That's what the electricity costs
If you want to charge your electric car, you have the choice between many local electricity providers, but also comprehensive roaming providers. The ADAC also offers its members a tariff. We answer the most important questions about prices and billing.
There are big differences in electricity prices
The accounting systems are sometimes confusing
For members, the ADAC offers a charging card without a basic fee
There are around 34,000 charging stations in Germany. The problem: There are big differences in operation. Sometimes the electric car driver needs a charging card, sometimes he has to activate the flow of electricity with the help of an app. Here, users pay directly via their smartphone, and the invoice is sent by post at the end of the month. How much the individual kilowatt hour (kWh) costs in the end is often unclear and varies depending on the provider.
Alsothe types of billing vary greatly.In addition to the monthly basic fee, an operator collects a flat rate of money per charging process. Another calculates the electricity price for every hour or part thereof, or to the nearest five minutes. In addition, many providers have different tariff models. The result: consumers lose track of things.
Why do many charging station operators not charge according to kWh?
For billing according to kWh, calibration-compliant meters must be installed in the normal charging stations (AC) in Germany. This is required by the Calibration Act, which has been in force since January 1, 2018. Because while gasoline and diesel filling stations are calibrated at conventional filling stations, this is currently still under construction for electricity from charging stations.
The problem is the technology: theInstallation of calibrated meters is currently only possible at a few charging stations. In addition, there are still no calibration-compliant meters for quick charging stations (DC). A special regulation currently applies here.
This is why many providers have itFlat rates moved andcalculate according to loading time. This has sometimes absurd consequences: If a small electric car, for example, only charges a few kWh, but the provider bills for each hour or part thereof, it can be expensive.
Regional provider or nationwide service provider?
Basically there is two types of so-called electromobility service providers: Regional operators and providers who enable nationwide access to charging stations. Access to third-party charging infrastructure takes place via roaming networks and bilateral agreements and is often more expensive than charging at your own charging stations. As a rule, they enable charging across Germany and some are also represented abroad. However, roaming networks do not operate pillars, but usually only bill for the electricity consumed.
In practice, this means that anyone who regularly drives longer distances and leaves the business area of their regional provider will benefit from the service of an electromobility provider with e-roaming. A separate contract with the respective regional provider is then not required. Anyone who makes use of it should, howeverInform in advance about tariffs and possible additional fees.
For more information on charging electric cars, see our Electric Car FAQs.
Overview: The tariff models of different providers
Who is expensive, who is cheap? We have put a selection of operators and service providers under the microscope.
Prices, data, facts - that's how big the differences are
Status: October 1st, 2020. All statements without guarantee. Database: press offices and manufacturers' websites.
Wallboxes put to the test: 12 charging stations for the home in comparison
Text: Sarah Kurz
* By clicking on the link you will be redirected to an external website, for the content of which the respective website operator is responsible.
How did you like the article?
- Why do we get Eye Boogers
- To whom is Rameswaram related
- Did The Kinks write their own songs
- Where can I find an education journal
- What is your biggest regret of 2016
- How small is the smallest stone
- How do police officers prevent fake clapping
- How could metallic hydrogen revolutionize technology?
- How does demographics affect opinion?
- When did you become a WWE fan?
- How am I going to be beautiful without an operation?
- What does time slowdown actually mean
- How is microorganism discovered
- What are your top ten suit brands
- Are we humans a kind of robot?
- Are attorneys politically inclined in India
- How is Starbucks sustainable
- How do you play bet365
- Manage Taylor Swift wisely
- Is a 2000 square meter house
- Is Laos a strong country
- Why does Snapchat have so many employees
- How safe is Pietermaritzburg in South Africa
- What are the multiplex construction costs
- What is the kg of a car
- What are the requirements for corporate catering
- Can it be playing games
- Brexiters change their minds
- Why is Krishna not God in Islam?
- What are some alternatives from Diigo
- Why isn't Disneyland Paris closing
- Who owns DHGate
- How is Ewa pronounced in Hawaii
- If 5x 50 what is x 1