Anesthesiology is an intense career choice
Studied intensive care and anesthesia
Are you already working in nursing and would like to develop further academically and practically in the field of nursing? Then the postgraduate course as an intensive care nurse is just right for you! In intensive care, personal strengths are particularly important. Empathy, social skills and reliability are qualities that you should bring with you as a prospective intensive care nurse. Here you can find out everything about the new course as an intensive care nurse, what content awaits you and what career opportunities are available to you. We will inform you about further training opportunities related to intensive care and what requirements you should have in order to start studying "intensive care". Image source: © Milos for stock.adobe.com
Studied intensive care and anesthesia
Training in the field of nursing is the basic prerequisite for further academic development in the field of intensive care and anesthesia. The health system calls for ever closer cooperation between all experts and actors, as the need for care in nursing is becoming more and more complex. The aim of the health department is above all a higher degree of specialization and an interest in developing new supply concepts. In intensive care, you look after and care for seriously ill people with critical anesthetic situations and therefore bear a particularly high level of responsibility. Caring for these patients requires specialist knowledge based on science and research. In the health system and in intensive care, these central points are becoming increasingly important. A part-time bachelor's degree prepares you for the profession of intensive care and anesthesia, offers you the opportunity to build on the knowledge you have already collected in an application-oriented manner and to combine this with scientific content.
In the course of intensive care and anesthesia care, you will be taught specific skills, competencies and knowledge so that you can meet the complex and organizational requirements of emergency care. The aim is to focus on the implementation, planning and evaluation of evidence-based care in intensive and anesthetic medical environments. After your further training you will be able to read and interpret relevant studies from various medical fields and to optimize nursing practice on the basis of current scientific knowledge, new methods and medical procedures. The course will also help you acquire and apply evidence-based knowledge to face future challenges in intensive care and anesthesia care. In the course of study, you will learn core competencies in areas such as error, risk and quality management, and psychological and communicative skills will be suggested. You will get to know research projects and have the opportunity to help shape and improve clinical care. As a graduate, you will be able to find solutions for coping with the nursing requirements of complex patient situations and through research projects you will be able to help shape and improve clinical nursing. The specialist training lasts two years and is divided into face-to-face and self-study phases.
Career after studying intensive care and anesthesia
With a successful degree with a focus on emergency care, you have all the skills you need to work successfully as an intensive care nurse. You will be able to cope with highly complex tasks in emergency care. After you graduate, there are many opportunities to work in all emergency medical care settings. Your new environment will be intensive care units, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, dialysis centers and nursing homes. Your specialist knowledge and the new scientific findings will open up new career paths for you in the healthcare sector. In addition, the bachelor's degree gives you the opportunity to study for a master's degree.
Where can I start studying as an intensive care nurse?
The NC-free bachelor's degree starts in the winter semester on October 1st, 2021 in Cologne, at the University of Health. The University of Health in Gera also offers the intensive care course.
more articles that might interest you:
About the Author Profiling Institute
Ms. Akande is responsible for the Profiling Institute's blog and other social media activities such as Facebook and Instagram.
- What are some facts about dermatography
- What is the full form of the EKG
- Will Microsoft ever stop developing Internet Explorer?
- In which city were demonstrators of democracy massacred?
- There is a free version of CyberGhost
- Are Gujju curmudgeons
- How do I cancel a Legalzoom account?
- Why is NRC so controversial in Assam
- How and by whom were sunglasses invented
- What are the brands of google
- How can I do a vegetarian BLT
- What would your low superpower be
- How does Lord Vishnu favor his followers?
- Who were the FitzAlan family in England
- How are heartworms contagious in dogs?
- What is a clear explanation for hallucinations
- Why is hypoallergenic eye makeup so expensive
- That left Bernie Sanders from Theresa May
- Bob Fosse was a genius
- What are some good mindfulness habits
- What books should medical students read?
- What do you mean by fatal errors?
- Who are strikingly good looking guys
- Is Hillary Clinton a Lesbian 1
- Has C elements of functional programming
- Why are mobile batteries delivered half-charged
- How is UIET Chandigarah for mechanical
- Is Milo Yiannopoulos that smart 1
- How do I replace dairy products
- How can corruption be stopped in Serbia?
- How is a new song created?
- What are the most elegant wooden pencils