How do goblins multiply in Harry Potter
Why can't you just duplicate money in the Harry Potter universe?
It is entirely possible to duplicate gold standard, but it does
- breaks the law
- tends to evaporate
- can be recognized with trivial ease
JKR spoke (tangentially) on the first two topics in an interview in 2000
Q: It seems that the wizards and witches at Hogwarts can conjure up many things, such as food for the parties, chairs, and sleeping bags. . If so, why does the wizarding world need money? What are the restrictions on the material objects that you can conjure up? It seems unnecessary that the Weasleys need so much money ...
A: Very good question (well done Jan !!). There are laws about what you can and cannot swear.Something you conjure up out of thin air won't last. This is a rule I made early on. I love these logical questions!
In "Goblet of Fire" we see the results of trying to duplicate gold. Hagrid created (or acquired) some 'leprechaun gold' for training purposes ...
"Well, let's check out how you did it!" said Hagrid. “Count your coins! And there's no point stealing anything, Goyle he added, and his beetle black Eyes narrowed. 'It's leprechaun gold.Disappears after a couple of hours. '
and Ron tries to pass on some of the leprechaun gold he collected at the Quidditch World Cup to pay Harry for his omniocular, with the same result ...
No, ”said Ron shortly. "Why didn't you tell me about the gold?" "What gold?" said Harry. "The gold I gave you at the Quidditch World Cup," said Ron. “The leprechaun gold I gave you for my omniocular. In the top box. Why didn't you tell me it's gone 'Harry had to think for a moment before realizing what Ron was talking about.
"Must be nice" said Ron abruptly when they sat down and began to serve each other roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. “To have that much money, you don't know if a bag full of galleons is lost. "Look, I had other things on my mind that night!" said Harry impatiently. "We all did, do you remember?" "I didn't know that leprechaun gold was disappearing", muttered Ron. “I thought I would pay you back. You shouldn't have given me that Chudley Cannon hat for Christmas. «
In 'Deathly Hallows' we learn that goblins have the ability to spot counterfeit or adulterated currency instantly.
The long counter was filled with goblins who sat on high stools and served the first customers of the day. Hermione, Ron and Travers approached an old goblin who was examining a thick gold coin through glasses. Hermione allowed Travers to come in front of her on the pretext of explaining the hall's features to Ron.
The goblin threw the coin he was holding aside to no one, said "goblin" and then greeted Travers
- How surprised you are now
- Kris Gethin is a natural bodybuilder
- Wear a thong under leggings
- Have you ever owned a Walkman?
- Spaced Repetition What is an MCD
- Is it possible to get psychological?
- What are the goals of Quora users
- What does death mean for Christians
- Can I say it's a forbidden love
- Which TV show shows paralegals most accurately
- Name a talent you have
- Should I stop trying socially
- ISIS ISIL is a state
- Should I use darts or GWT
- What are some inorganic materials
- Why do Haemmer have wooden handles
- Where are CNBC's Mitali Mukherjee these days
- Why is he so rude
- What is the 2017 CAT exam syllabus
- Which signal continues to reach AM or FM
- How do I break an addiction
- PVC pipe is a metal wire way
- What do noologists study
- Why are Amazon recommendations so bad