Why did FC Barcelona sell Yaya Toure
For sale: Henry and Eto'o
Before the Champions League hit between FC Bayern and FC Barcelona, the Catalans signaled that they wanted to give up two of their attackers in order to be able to strike the transfer market in the summer. Manchester City plays an important role in the considerations of the leaders of the Primera Division.
Not only FC Bayern is making headlines shortly before the Champions League quarter-finals on Wednesday (8.30 p.m. in LIVE-TICKER) with the 1: 5 clap against VfL Wolfsburg. As the English "Guardian" reports, FC Barcelona intends to put their strikers Thierry Henry and Samuel Eto'o up for sale in the summer.
Because Barca need money to implement their two most ambitious transfer goals: Arsenal duo Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are said to be at the top of the Spanish industry leader's wish list.
Henry too old - Eto'o's contract ends in 2010
This offensive transfer tactic does not seem to come as a surprise. According to "Guardian" the Catalans will have a deficit of 30 million euros at the end of the season from a legal dispute with the Catalan TV channel "TV3".
At almost 32 years of age, Henry no longer has the very best prospects at Barca and Samuel Eto'o would be available for a free transfer next summer.
Manchester City as the Cash Cow
Manchester City's financial strength could play into the cards for the Catalans. The English make no secret of their interest in Henry anyway.
Although he has repeatedly affirmed that he wants to stay, it can be assumed that Barca could get weak with a lucrative offer.
Those interested in Eto'o are also likely to find the Catalans open to them. The Cameroonian does not want to stay beyond 2010 anyway.
Toure and Keita also on the sidelines?
Allegedly, Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita are also available. Both players will be absent for the Catalans next January due to the abandonment for the Africa Cup.
At least Toure is on the list of several Premier League clubs - including ManCity.
The FC Barcelona squad at a glance
- Why doesn't Walmart go undercover boss
- How can we create our own API
- When is the clipping path needed
- Why does rain sound neurologically calming?
- Do you like the Spotify music selection
- What's harder than physics
- How important is sand for growing grass
- What is loss function
- What is the interdisciplinary branch
- What are Different Types of Derma Roller
- Why is my mobile data service slow
- What are the benefits of liquid oxygen
- Can you tear something in your elbow
- How often are SEALs deployed outside of the US?
- What is some good research on tsunamis
- Have trouble controlling your anger
- What's delicious in Busan
- How would you hack WPA2 WiFi
- What are different snakes
- The MH CET is very difficult
- Which SEO techniques work
- How do you take unsolicited advice
- Why did soldiers fight in the First World War?
- What is your idea of saving money