What is the process of silicone molds
Wax models & molds
In order to produce your model in series, a mold for the wax models is first made in the mold making department. For this, our employees produce a custom-fit mold made of rubber or rubber or silicone. Which shape variant is used depends on the nature and shape and your model and the raw material used. We produce individual pieces, small series or prototypes more cost-effectively, without mold construction directly in rapid prototyping. Our experienced mold makers will be happy to advise you on the selection of the right molding material.
Rubber & rubber molds
In this process, the customer's model is pressed between several layers of rubber. The shape is heated in a press and the model is then cut out using a scalpel. It is essential to note the shrinkage (3-5%) that occurs depending on the size and nature of the model. In addition, the model must be made of a solid material such as metal so that the workpiece does not deform during the molding.
By using a special liquid silicone, soft materials such as wax, plastic, natural products, etc. can also be molded. After several hours of hardening, the silicone mold solidifies and can be cut open. It is advantageous that the shapes have almost no shrinkage and that even the finest structures can be seamlessly molded.
|Silicone molds||Rubber molds|
|Source material||Wax, plastic, natural products, etc.||metal||CAD file|
|Is particularly suitable for||Series production of fine structures||Cheap series production||Single pieces, small series and prototypes|
Next step: wax models
- Which companies are researching in the field of renewable energies?
- What is strategy 1
- Who sang the song Vision of Love
- Did you receive information from DXC?
- Why do Daedric princes fight against each other?
- What is a thought that blew you away
- How did the Niagara falls
- How many neutrons does tungsten have
- Is someone trading with NCDEX Jeera
- What is salt water made of
- What is the 70 percent mark in ICSE
- Can you take Ambien in the morning
- How does Facebook implement Agile Scrum
- What are the various modern microbiological developments
- Why does life keep ruining our plan
- Are IISERs accessible and wheelchair friendly
- Why do we say some words meaninglessly
- What is a selected committee in Congress
- What should my home exercise routine be
- How can a neural network learn itself
- Which is the best social service
- What if 30 mg temazepam doesn't work
- Ash is fire retardant
- Why can't Dropbox compete with Google Drive