What is MSCIT 2
MSc IT Security and Risk Management
Study part-time and online for a master’s degree
The need for well-trained specialists in security and risk management is constantly increasing. Information technologies are increasingly networked and used in various corporate areas. The result is more and more open systems with new IT security threats at the same time. Against this background, companies depend on reliable IT.
The aim of this part-time course is to impart extensive IT security knowledge in a practical way. Graduates can then hold positions in security and risk management or carry out existing tasks more efficiently.
- 100% online and flexible
- Recognized degree with 97% recommendation from fernstudiumcheck.de
- All-inclusive course with 4 weeks free right of withdrawal
Course contents: MSc IT security and risk management
Modules, type of examination and ECTS
- Seminar on the specialist modules, group work and final examination (3ECTS)
- Overview of concepts and models: introduction to the topic; Systematization of the individual concepts, models, norms and standards; Creation of "Big Picture" (6 ECTS)
- IT security management & awareness: Scientific models and concepts, BSI basic protection, ISO 27000, CISSP (6 ECTS)
- IT risk management: Scientific models and concepts, ISO 31000, ISO 27005 (6 ECTS)
- IT disaster / recovery & business continuity management: Scientific models and concepts, ISO 27031, ISO 27032, BSI basic protection (6 ECTS)
- IT forensics: Scientific models and concepts, BSI basic protection, ISO 27037 (6 ECTS)
- Technology management for security and risk management: Scientific models and concepts, ISO 27006, ISO 27007, ISO 27008, ISO 27017, ISO 27018 (6 ECTS)
- IT Governance & Compliance: Scientific Models and Concepts, COBIT, Coso, NIS, ITIL, GDPR (6 ECTS)
- Project work seminar (3ECTS)
- Scientific project work (12 ECTS)
At the beginning of the course, the seminar for the specialist modules must be completed. This is followed by the seven specialist modules. In preparation for the scientific project work, the project work seminar is completed and the master's thesis is completed at the end of the course.
In the preparatory modules, the seminar on the specialist modules and the seminar on project work, two group work and a final exam must be completed. The weighting is 40% for group work and 60% for the final exam. Both the group work and the final exam are completed from home.
In each of the specialist modules, 2 group work and a final exam have to be completed. The weighting is 40% for group work and 60% for the final exam. Both the group work and the final exam are completed from home.
Following the modules, the master's thesis must be completed in the form of a scientific project work. As part of this, you describe the processing and results of your own application from your professional environment using the methods and concepts learned during your studies and reflect on your own approach and the results. The project work usually has to comprise at least 40 pages and a maximum of 50 pages of pure content.
All inclusive: the master’s degree of the future
Experience live online lectures in the new WBS LearnSpace 3D®. And benefit from an extensive range of attractive inclusive services:
- A powerful business notebook
- An award-winning virtual learning environment
- Study-relevant workshops
- Personal support for the master's thesis
- Current specialist literature
- All semester fees and examination fees
You will receive a business notebook * specially optimized for the requirements of the WBS LearnSpace 3D®, our virtual campus. You can of course also use this privately. After the four-week withdrawal period has expired, the notebook becomes your property.
The start of studies is scheduled for April 6, 2021 (registration deadline: March 16, 2021). The master’s course is held if at least 10 (maximum 25) participants are registered.
* Offer valid for all registrations for a master’s degree starting on February 9th, 2021 or April 6th, 2021. You will receive a high-quality business notebook that will become your property after the withdrawal period has expired (4 weeks after the start of your studies). This offer cannot currently be combined with other promotions or discounts. In the event of a withdrawal from the contract or a revocation, you undertake to return the functional notebook within one week at your own expense.
Costs and Financing
One-time payment after admission. Here you get an immediate payment discount of 2%. The tuition fees are therefore 8,722.00 euros.
Payment in two installments. Here 50% is to be paid after admission and 50% 1 year later. The partial payment amounts to 4,450.00 euros, making a total of 8,900.00 euros.
Installment payment for 2 years. Here, 2,250.00 euros are to be paid after admission and then 19 monthly installments of 350.00 euros, making a total of 8,900.00 euros.
GOOD TO KNOW: You do not have to make advance payments when booking a master’s degree. The deposit or 1st installment is only payable after the 4-week trial period has expired (calculated from the start of your studies).
Withdrawal from the contract free of charge within four weeks from the start of your studies.
Included in the price
The tuition fees include:
- Master's degree in a virtual lecture hall
- Exam fees including any repeat exams
- all semester contributions to the Austrian student body for the duration of the course
- Master's thesis supervision
- Current study material (specialist books and scripts)
The course is geared towards specialists in the field of IT security management and / or IT risk management.
Depending on their previous education, graduates are able to take on management positions in IT security departments of private and public companies or corresponding positions in IT companies (e.g. IT service providers, software houses). The course imparts extensive IT security knowledge and presents it in a practical way in an application context that is interlinked with the respective norms and standards.
The focus is on proven, holistic IT security and IT risk management models.
The current dynamic is explicitly taken into account with the dedication of one ECTS per subject module for current trends and fashions.
Description of duration: MSc IT security and risk management
The average duration of study is around 24 months. The months of July and August as well as the Christmas holidays (December 24th to January 6th) are free of lectures. The lectures take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
The prerequisite for admission to the MSc IT Security and Risk Management master’s program is:
- an internationally recognized domestic or foreign academic degree from a university (at least equivalent to a bachelor's degree)
- Equal aptitude * to be determined by the course director, such as university entrance qualification and at least five years of professional experience or
- Completion of an expert course / diploma course (university course, course for further education at a university of applied sciences or course of a university nature) to the extent of at least 60 ECTS and at least three years of professional experience, whereby professional experience is to be understood as actual professional experience as well as formal and informal training, which allows the conclusion that as a result, principles of corporate management and organization have been conveyed and social skills have been further developed or
- the positive completion of a standardized written entrance examination, which covers the basics of the course.
* Assessment based on the descriptors describing level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
In each module, two group work and a final exam have to be completed. The weighting is 40% for group work and 60% for the final exam. Both the group work and the final exam are completed from home.
The course provider is the AIM Austrian Institute of Management GmbH in cooperation with WBS AKADEMIE.
In 2014, the FH Burgenland was one of the first universities to be accredited by the AQ Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria according to the latest, stricter legislation.
The accreditation criteria include compliance with the essential elements of the study architecture of the European Higher Education Area, the qualifications framework of the European Higher Education Area, the ECTS, the Diploma Supplement and the ESG, as well as the standards for assessing the quality of the university and its courses. They relate to the qualification goals, the course concept, the human resources, the room and equipment as well as the university's internal quality assurance. The certificate according to the University Quality Assurance Act is valid until September 2021.
The Austrian Institute of Management (AIM) is certified by TÜV Austria according to the ISO 9001: 2015 standard and the ISO 29990: 2010 standard (quality of learning services in training and further education) in the area of MBA training with a focus on distance learning. With ISO 29990: 2010, transparent educational processes as well as customer and process orientation are guaranteed, while certification according to ISO 9001 in turn serves to ensure legal and regulatory requirements.
Learning method: MSc IT security and risk management
WBS LearnSpace 3D®
Learn more playfully and effectively than ever before: With the online learning format of WBS AKADEMIE, the WBS LearnSpace 3D®, you enter a realistic learning and working world and acquire digital skills in addition to sound specialist knowledge. With your personalized avatar you move around in our virtual learning environment and you are always connected live and interactively with other learners and your lecturers via your screen and headset. You can ask questions, discuss and actively participate in the class at any time during the class. With a varied course, you not only acquire sustainable knowledge, but also social and digital skills that you can apply immediately.
- Why is osmotic pressure positive pressure
- How do you deal with securities
- Which cars are better Proton or Perodua
- What is a traditional IRA 2
- Why are anxiety and depression so common
- What is your favorite Hot97 freestyle
- Goes orange with gold
- What actors raised the Batman character
- What is a wage expense
- Mosquito repellants are good
- How do bad people age
- Why are there Airborne Rangers
- What are some facts about dermatography
- How does software update work?
- How do you hand over your driving license
- How should you invest 35,000
- Why is Islam such a violent religion
- Where is the pitcher plant endemic
- What is the philosophy of J Krishnamurti
- How do plants help with soil protection
- What do you like about Jaisalmer
- Can essential oils prevent STI transmission?
- Can dogs have a vasectomy undone?
- How can I change as a friend
- Why did you tattoo your whole body?
- What is the Japanese word for wallet?
- Where did the first trumpet come from?
- Is Zeno from the future actually Zamasu?
- What are the subjects in art history
- What is Google App Backup
- What is the formula of iron corrosion
- As a rule, professors are more busy than doctoral students
- A separation gives us strength
- Was the apostle Peter really a pope?