I wanted to compress a large video file
Shrink the video
If you want to send a video or include it on your website, it may be necessary to reduce a large video file. With Online-Umwandeln.de you can compress your video in just three steps:
How can I shrink videos online?
- Upload your video file with the "Select file" button.
- Select the target format (usually .mp4 is a good choice)
- Click "Shrink Video!"
- The download starts automatically on the next page as soon as the conversion is complete. You will then find the file in your download folder.
Which video formats can be downsized?
Online-Umwandeln.de currently supports the downsizing of a large number of video formats, including the following: .mp4, .wmv, .mov, .3gpp, .avi, .vob, .mpg, .mpeg, .gif, .mkv,. flv, .webm.
Different technologies are used to compress a video. The most decisive factors when compressing a video are the resolution and the so-called codec. These two aspects mainly concern the video part of a film. The size of the audio part (i.e. the sound of a video) is mainly influenced by the bit rate, the codec and the number of channels. For example, a video can contain audio for stereo (two channels) or surround sound (four or more channels) - or both.
The individual aspects are explained again in detail below:
How does the resolution of a video affect the file size?
The resolution goes square into the size of a video. This means that a video with 4k resolution (3840 × 2160 pixels) with Full HD resolution (1920 × 1080 pixels) is roughly the four times the file size occupies - because the number of pixels (the product of the resolution) is also four times as high.
How does the frame rate (frames per second) affect the size of a video?
The frame rate goes linear in the file size a video. In the concrete example, a video with 60 fps (frames per second - frames per second) has one twice the file size result in a video at 30 fps.
How does the codec / file format affect the video size?
The codec is also very important for the final file size of a video. The better a codec can compress the video, the smaller the file will be. Great progress has been made here in recent years with codecs such as .h264 and .h265, so that significantly smaller files can be achieved with the same quality with newer codecs.
Online-Umwandeln.de has already made the best possible assumptions for resolution, frame rate and codec in the basic setting. If you do not change the settings, the video remains in its original quality and only the image and sound codecs are optimized in order to achieve the best possible result in terms of quality and the smallest possible file size.
Video tutorial: Shrink video
- When should I plant a clover?
- Which historical places are extremely underestimated
- What are the most elegant wooden pencils
- Why does 3 3 0
- What are the best turbocharged cars
- Who taught Nick Kyrgios tennis
- Why did Facebook create a war room
- What are some important phrases that lawyers say
- Why is water boiled
- How do you say together in French
- Overwatch is free to play on PC
- Why do some birds eat nuts
- What got people to test Maggi
- What is female psychology
- Who formed the Axis Powers
- How is the online market for Sarojini Nagar
- Where does the word Metropolitan come from?
- Is Jesus mentioned in the Muslim book
- What is your secret for publishing in magazines
- How do I start the boot camp on a Mac
- How can I make a profit with Excel
- My life is really messed up help
- Are there still cannibals today
- What is the Scunthorpe problem