What are the early symptoms of tonsillitis
Tonsillitis - signs and course
Acute tonsillitis usually starts suddenly with a fever, possibly even with chills. The patients suffer from severe sore throats, which sometimes radiate into the ears, as well as headaches and fatigue. The throat is swollen, which leads to difficulty swallowing and an unclear, "lumpy" pronunciation, in extreme cases breathing is even impeded. The lymph nodes in the neck are swollen and tender. The tonsils are reddened, swollen and - in the case of a bacterial infection - shed the tonsils form a white-yellowish, viscous mass, cell waste (detrius), the so-called stipples. In severe cases, these stipples merge (confluent) and extend beyond the tonsils (e.g. in pneumococcal angina or diphtheria) If the pus specks spread to the pharynx, it is called retronasal angina, if the side cords are affected, it is referred to as side cord angina. A typical unpleasant halitosis (foetor ex ore) often occurs with a purulent infection.
Acute tonsillitis heals completely within one to two weeks with the right treatment.
If the inflammation lasts for more than three months, it is called chronic tonsillitis. The course can be very different here and ranges from the recurring acute clinical picture to the completely inconspicuous manifestation. Often there are slight swallowing difficulties, a scratchy throat, an unpleasant taste or bad breath, but the strong symptoms of acute tonsillitis are usually absent. The tonsils appear fissured on the surface. Possible scarring with the muscles of the almond bay lead to immobility, the almond can no longer be moved sideways. If you press the tonsils with a stick, pus or detritus will come out. The anterior palatal arch is reddened, the cervical lymph nodes are swollen, but not painful. The tonsils can be enlarged (hyperplasia), but they can also be small and stunted (atrophy).
- What is meant by confirm
- What are some words associated with hysteria
- Is CBIT or VIY better for engineering
- DC heating is faster than AC heating
- Why do terrorists like to behead people?
- Is HQporner a safe side
- The roadside assistance app is useful in India
- Which British Prime Minister gave India freedom
- Why is Charizard such a popular Pokemon
- Can women get pregnant for an animal?
- How does the sale of bonds reduce the money supply?
- Working privacy screens
- Is GST necessary
- What is the top speed of your car
- Android applications steal our personal data
- What are the restrictions of self faces
- Is Asaduddin Owaisi a follower of Jinnah
- What is your dream gaming rig
- What do you think of Beyonce's popularity
- Which is the best Fitbit to buy
- What is Smart Tv Application Development
- Is patience an innate trait
- How is the IFB service in Coimbatore
- Are you a gay republican
- What's the best experience in TCS
- What percentage of the roads are highways?
- How can I be a Debian developer
- What are thoughts
- How's the Alaska Highway
- Why is dating so difficult
- Can you and I remain friends?
- How safe is the ketogenic diet
- What does * in XPath
- Have you ever hit your girlfriend