How does electricity create a magnetic field
Generate electricity with magnets
Almost 200 years ago, the English scientist Michael Faraday was concerned with the question of whether it was possible to generate electricity with a magnetic field. The short answer: yes, you can! With our experiment you can try it out for yourself at home.
An effervescent tablet tube or a plastic tube from a hardware store, for example
A small, strong magnet (or a series of magnets) that fits exactly into the tube
An LED lamp
It is important that the magnet you use fits exactly into the tube and is strong enough. Then you have to prepare the tube. It has to be open on both sides.
If you use an effervescent tablet tube for your experiment, saw off the bottom of the tube. If you use another tube, saw it to the right length. It is best to have your parents or another adult assist you.
If the tubes and magnets have been found suitable, you now have to wrap the copper wire around the tube, very often. You may still secure the whole thing with tape.
Finally, you have two loose wire ends that you connect to one contact each on the LED lamp. Again, it makes sense to wrap the wire around the contacts a few times. You can also use a soldering iron to make sure that the contact is firmly held at this point.
If you put the magnet in the tube and shake it back and forth, the lamp starts to shine!
How does this work?
The secret here is movement. By moving the magnet, the magnetic field changes. This sets the electrons in motion in the wire. This creates an electrical voltage that allows electricity to flow in your closed circuit.
- Why does Tyler Joseph always look sad
- What is a CRM Investment
- Burned the organ in Notre Dame
- What is the national bird of Belarus
- Why is he so rude
- Are there semi-decentralized cryptocurrencies
- How to prevent pasta from sticking
- What do communists think of Vladimir Putin?
- Canada has nuclear missile defense
- Where is the golden temple
- How does a poem affect our feelings?
- What is the Jio IUC charge
- Cloakroom service provider in Delhi
- What is the manufacture of polypropylene
- What big animals only eat snails
- What are the benefits of morning reading
- How do you find electrons
- Is international media biased
- Can I grow figs in a pot?
- Easily delete CA science students
- How do dissociative symptoms affect memory?
- What is the purpose of a recipe
- Why is the pressure increasing underground
- Is my cat fat or just big