What do haploid and diploid mean?
What does haploid mean?
The Genome of eukaryotes, like us humans, is in Chromosomes organized. A chromosome is made up of DNA and is located in the cell nucleus. On it are Genescoding for proteins. We humans have a total of 46 chromosomes, each of which is in pairs. These couples are also known as homologous chromosomesbecause both chromosomes in the pair contain the same genes in the same order. However, the genes are not completely the same, on the homologous chromosomes there are different or sometimes the same Alleles . An allele is a characteristic expression. For example, the gene for the flower color is located in the same place on the two homologous chromosomes in a pea plant. However, the allele for white flowers can be found on one chromosome and the allele for purple flowers on the other chromosome.
This organization with two homologous chromosomes is also called one diploid set of chromosomes. If you look at only one chromosome from each pair, you look at that haploid chromosome set. In addition, not all cells are diploid. The germ cells, which after the meiosis arise are for example only haploid. When a haploid egg cell is fertilized with a haploid sperm, a diploid fertilized egg cell (zygote) is formed.
- What does a Wizard101 membership do
- Facebook Libra will be toll free
- What kind of music do you like to listen to
- Will snow in Toronto at the end of March
- What are the best options after MSc
- What did your first heartbreak teach you
- What are futures and commodities
- What does leather bound
- What is blockchain 4 0
- Do you prefer podcasts or audio books
- What are clowns afraid of?
- What are the types of human moods
- What is exponential growth in biology
- What do Waldbraende do with the environment?
- What is an ACME fitting
- Is Naukri com helpful
- Is Dreamweaver supported in Windows 10
- Will this question have 100 answers
- What is Little Snitch used for?
- What services does CRISIL
- How was your first girlfriend
- How many people visit Egypt in 2017
- Owns Nestle Aquafina
- How much aspartame does milk naturally contain?