How fast is your internet in china
China defends its internet censorship
China's head of state and party leader Xi Jinping has defended his country's strict state internet controls with the argument of sovereignty. At the start of the World Internet Conference of the Chinese government in the east Chinese city of Wuzhen (article picture), the President said in a message of greeting to the 1,500 participants from 80 countries that China was opening its door to the world. The international community should respect the sovereignty of each country over its Internet.
Behind his concept of "cyber sovereignty" lies the claim that China and all countries have the right to manage and censor their Internet themselves. China is blocking social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, all Google services such as search, mail or maps or the online offers of Deutsche Welle, the "New York Times" or the "Wall Street Journal" and a large number of them China-critical websites and even disrupts the WhatsApp messenger service.
The bosses of the big corporations are there
Notwithstanding the strict Internet controls, Xi promised international corporations business opportunities in the People's Republic. The country will not close its doors to the global Internet, Xi said. The head of Google, Sundar Pichai, and the vice president of Facebook, Vaughan Smith, had traveled to the meeting under the supervision of the Internet authority CAC. You will give the conference the prominence that the Chinese Internet watchdogs want. Managers from Twitter, the Chinese Internet companies Tencent and Baidu and Amazon's rival Alibaba were also invited.
His company recently came under fire: Apple boss Tim Cook
Apple CEO Tim Cook was also there and reported in a speech that 1.8 million Chinese developers had already earned around 112 billion yuan, the equivalent of around 14 billion euros, through its app store.
The Apple company was recently criticized for taking tunnel software to bypass the Chinese barriers and, most recently, Skype from the Chinese app store on the instructions of the Chinese authorities. China is the second largest market for Apple worldwide, generates a quarter of its profits for the iPhone and computer company and is expected to become even more important in the future.
German companies are increasingly complaining about blockades
The three-day conference, which is taking place for the fourth time, is being organized by the state cyber administration, in whose hands the control and blocking of the Internet in China known as the "Great Firewall" are bundled.
German and other foreign companies are increasingly complaining about the blockages and the slow internet speed as an obstacle to doing business in China. As the annual survey by the German Chamber of Commerce showed, two thirds of German companies have problems with it today - only half of them last year.
pg / yy (dpa, rtr)
- What rhymes with trace
- Is Aakash crash course good for BITSAT
- What is allspice spice used for?
- Why was the Kurdish genocide not recognized?
- Is the therapeutic parenteral insured by a dentist
- What causes migraines and chest pain
- Who is your favorite author 3
- Byzantium was a Greek Empire
- Can we drink hydrochloric acid
- How is Vinays IAS Academy in Jamshedpur
- Where did Frank Lowy come from
- Muscle cramps are normal
- What is apical pleural thickening
- What are virtual runs
- Is the right thing to do
- Can I use Salesforce for free
- Which composites are similar to carbon fibers?
- What is an example of a static equilibrium
- A magnet attracts molten steel
- How to buy a professional fireworks display
- Name two different systems of units
- How do you understand Aristotle's metaphysics
- How can you express your feeling
- What is variable thermal conductivity
- Why isn't Japan copying China's political system?
- Where can I buy targeted Twitter followers
- Nerves carry an electrical signal
- Still using uzi by the israeli army
- Roman rulers were clean and hygienic
- Has begun the decline of Nitish Kumar
- What's your experience with relationship counselors
- Should Trump threaten reporters with jail
- Will my cat grow its fur back?
- What is the biggest English football competition