What types of cars need tire chains
All-wheel drive: where do the snow chains have to be installed?
If you drive a car with front-wheel or rear-wheel drive, it is clear where the snow chains belong: on the drive axle. With all-wheel drive, the answer is not that simple. There are multiple possibilities.
When the roads are covered in deep snow, sometimes you can only get ahead with snow chains. Snow chains are even required on certain passes and other roads in particularly snowy areas. When the blue sign with the familiar symbol appears on the side of the road, cars are not allowed to continue driving without chains. This also applies to vehicles with all-wheel drive. In this case, however, the drivers concerned are faced with the question of where to put the snow chains on.
On the front or rear axle?
Most experts agree that your four-wheel drive car would do best with snow chains on all four tires. In an all-wheel-drive vehicle, the driving force is evenly distributed over all four wheels. Therefore, the maximum effect can be achieved with four snow chains. Read more on the subject in our winter tire special
In practice, however, most drivers of four-wheel drive cars are content with two snow chains. They can be mounted either on the front or on the rear axle. Both variants have advantages and disadvantages. If you pull up the chains at the front, the weight of the engine brings more power to the road.
Snow chains on the rear axle, on the other hand, offer better protection against the rear swinging out on smooth surfaces. There are no clear rules. You should therefore observe the information in the operating instructions for your car.
All-wheel drive snow chains in the test
Tests have shown that especially new models of snow chains are easier to fit. A new purchase can be worth considering in terms of attaching the snow chains.
According to experts, very cheap snow chains are not worthwhile. Sharp-edged and poorly processed ends can lead to injuries. The cheap models also often rust faster and are more difficult to put on. If the fit is poor, they can even damage the wheel arch in some cases.
- Why does Tyler Joseph always look sad
- What is the principle of the shunt
- How do you play salamangreat decks
- What are theories 2
- What's harder than physics
- How do you rate the Kantipur Engineering College
- Is ghee a substitute for edible oil
- What are the Most Commonly Abused Antidepressants
- May men pants as day wear
- Can artificial intelligence be used in microcontrollers
- What are the best RSS reader apps
- Who is the most beautiful character in friends
- How many inches are in 20 feet
- How to do a dinner etiquette
- Does Savannah Georgia have a flag
- How accurate is numerology
- How is the liquidity trap avoided
- How dangerous is a dry Christmas tree
- What do data protection cryptocurrencies do
- What are the characteristics of oral communication
- What are the resources of a library
- Why is meditation so popular in India
- What type of flower is the 1st
- What are some alternatives from Diigo