What is the apex fallacy
Most common mistakes in cash accounting and how to avoid them, Part 4: Errors 23 to 27
12/01/2007 | Cash accounting
In the fourth part of this series of articles, we again present errors from the conservative-surgical cash accounting, which are particularly often objected to in meetings of examination boards. Knowing them, you can avoid some unpleasant procedures and thereby save money and avoid trouble. The first three parts appeared in “Abrechnung aktuell” nos. 9 to 11 and can be called up in the online archive (www.iww.de; log into “myIWW”).
Misconception 23: Every root treatment of an anterior tooth or premolar is a contractual service
Most dentists and dental professionals are aware that there are exclusion criteria for the endodontic treatment of molars that remove such treatments from the list of contractual services. In contrast, the general guidelines for endodontic measures are often insufficiently observed. This applies in particular to guideline 9.1a, which reads as follows: "Treatment as part of contract dental care is only indicated if it is possible to reprocess and fill the root canal up to or close to the tip of the root."
This sentence clearly states that endodontic treatments - even for anterior teeth and premolars - must not be billed to the statutory health insurance fund if the final root filling does not reach at least close to the apex. Root canal treatments on teeth whose canal system cannot be prepared so extensively must therefore, if they are carried out at all, be billed privately to the patient - after appropriate information and consent.
For test procedures, it is important that the conformity of a root canal treatment with guidelines can be demonstrated by means of a control recording.
Error 24: The re-injection to intensify the anesthesia is basically re-billed
Would you like to read this technical article?
Free AAZ trial subscription
- Access to the latest specialist articles and the complete archive
- Lots of work aids, checklists and special editions as downloads
- After the test, you can cancel at any time at the end of the month
* Thereafter from € 14.50 per month
- 24 hour access to all content
- Ends automatically; no termination necessary
- A wise decision! Please log in.
Become a fan of the AAZ Facebook page now and receive the latest news from the editorial team.To Facebook
- How does your business structure affect taxes?
- Can you live with a kidney
- Cooking sauerkraut kills the probiotics
- Are computer programmers web developers
- Seroquel comes in 25 mg tablets
- Who said nature abhors a vacuum?
- What drove you into reality
- Does anyone play football at BITS PILANI
- Where is my website in google search
- How do turkey eggs taste
- How am I supposed to make money
- What language do they speak in Montenegro
- AngelList is susceptible to web crawlers
- What's in the typical fleet truck
- Entrepreneurs, what do you do with rejection
- Redis is faster than MongoDB
- Can I have 3 dental insurance plans
- What is sound insulation
- What does a heat map show
- What's your least favorite vacation meal
- Why is the Israeli lobby protecting white supremacists?
- How was your experience with menopause
- What is ADR
- What is a ridge