What is space technology
Aerospace engineering degree
An overview of the right universities and courses of study
Each university has its own admission procedure. Sometimes you have to register via hochschulstart.de in order to take part in the application process of the dialogue-oriented service procedure (DoSV). Here we list the most important admission requirements.
- University entrance qualification: General university entrance qualification or technical college entrance qualification
- alternatively: equivalent professional qualification
- Pre-study internship of 12 weeks or similar
- Passing the selection procedure (NC)
- First degree in a related subject with at least six semesters or 180 ECTS (aviation technology, space technology, mechanical engineering, vehicle technology or similar)
- good final grade
Good grades and the right school leaving certificate are not everything. The subject of aerospace technology has it all. You should have the following characteristics:
- very good mathematical talent
- high interest in science and technology
- spatial imagination
- Creativity and curiosity
- Sense of responsibility
- Discipline and Motivation
Numerus Clausus (NC) for aerospace engineering
At some universities all applicants can regularly be admitted, at others there are more applicants than places and an NC decides on admission. But don't worry! Although there are not tons of courses - aerospace engineering is not the first choice for every prospective student either. Many of the required notation cuts are therefore always in the range of 3, a 2 is less often expected before the decimal point.
Current NC values aerospace engineering degree
Course of study
Munich University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor in aerospace engineering
2.7 with Abi
University of Würzburg
Bachelor aerospace informatics
No admission restrictions
Rhein-Main University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor in aerospace engineering
No admission restrictions
The basics of engineering are taught in the basic or basic course, which is strongly based on mechanical engineering. At the beginning there are mainly mathematics, physics, chemistry and materials science on the schedule. Lectures and seminars in the fields of aircraft construction, space technology, engine technology and flight operations technology are added later.
Possible compulsory modules
- Electrical engineering and electronics
- Basics of lightweight construction
- measuring technology
- Fluid mechanics
- Technical mechanics
- Technical drawing and CAD
- Aerospace materials
Possible elective modules
Each university has a different curriculum and offers different specializations to choose from. Here are a few examples.
- Business and work organization
- Fiber composite materials and construction methods
- Flight aerodynamics
- Flight guidance systems / electronics
- Cost accounting
- Construction aircraft structure
- Aviation engines
- Air law
- Use of space
- Space technology
- Turbo machines
- System integration
- Thermal balance
- Combustion technology
In addition, internships in industry must be completed. The prescribed length varies depending on the university. Sometimes it is eight weeks, elsewhere twelve or you can plan a whole internship semester.
Anyone who would like to take on challenging development tasks in their later professional life should definitely have a master’s degree after completing their bachelor’s degree. In this, the specialist knowledge can be broadened. The goal is then a deepening or specialization. Masters students usually work on a research project about which they also write their thesis.
- Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Duration: 7 semesters
- Type of study: Full-time or dual
- Particularities: Practical projects, semesters abroad possible
- Graduation: Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) Or Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Duration: 3 - 4 semesters
- Type of study: Full-time, first dual offer available
Aerospace engineers find jobs primarily in the national and international aerospace industry, with airlines and at airports. They are also employed in maintenance companies or in the supplier industry, for example for manufacturers of engines and navigation instruments or in companies that develop control software. Engineering offices or public administration are also possible employers. Universities and research institutions as well as steel and light metal construction open up further fields of activity.
With a bachelor's or master's degree, you will be able to build, develop, and improve aircraft and spacecraft, work in technical sales, ensure quality management or work in purchasing and material control for these potential employers. The course not only trained you technically, it also provided you with general qualifications that enable you to work in management-heavy departments.
You are also able to take on management positions in the short or medium term. This is usually even easier with a master’s degree than with a bachelor’s degree.
As a rule, engineers always earn well. So do aerospace engineers. The amount of the salary naturally depends on many factors: the area of responsibility, responsibility, position, size of the company or one's own qualifications are among the most important.
To give you clues about salaries, we took a look around Salary.de. Please note that these are only individual examples that do not apply across the board to the income of aircraft and space engineers.
Job / field of activity
Gross monthly salary
Aircraft construction - work preparation
Aircraft construction - mechanical engineer
Aircraft construction consultant
Aircraft construction - engineer in construction
Aerospace Engineer - Systems Engineering
Technical Lead Aerospace Flight Controls
Project management in aerospace engineering
Development engineer aerodynamics
Development engineer aerospace technology
You can see - although there are only individual examples - the salaries are impressive. With a degree in aerospace engineering, you have a good chance of earning a high salary. Annual salaries of 60,000 euros and more are realistic.
- What are the effects of the tax
- There are scholarships for online master’s degrees
- What is blockchain 4 0
- Which drug would you like to try?
- What should a weekly report contain
- Will I get on UIET Chandigarh
- Who invented the Superman as a Jesus metaphor?
- What makes something classified as impossible
- If x 6 what is x
- Car payments can be reimbursed
- Are elephants really afraid of mice?
- What happens to an untreated root canal
- Can you live with a kidney
- What are social networking concepts
- Can a mortgage payment date be changed
- What are the advantages of control technology
- What is CPU scheduling
- Who were the surrealist poets and writers
- When the mobile technology comes to a saturation
- Why does Wikipedia report incomplete information
- Kidney cancer can spread to the bones
- What is EOF in file management
- How many people have talked to Dr. House slept
- What does leather bound