How does your business structure affect taxes?
Represent the company structure for your start-up in the business plan
Represent the corporate structure
The company structure can be viewed from two perspectives: You can approach the structure of the company via the structure (organizational structure) or the sequence of processes (process organization). The focus is initially on the organizational structure, in the next section on the corporate structure, the process organization in the course of the operational provision of services is examined in more detail.
With a view to the organizational structure, the corporate structure of your start-up initially comprises three components:
- Legal structure of the company: what is the legal form of the company? The possible legal forms are described in the next chapter Law and Taxes.
- Management structure: which responsibilities exist, which departments have been formed - an organizational chart is helpful here to show the company structure
- Spatial structure of the company: which locations exist for the company and what distinguishes them.
Show management structure
The management structure is the regulatory framework in which the members of the founding team and the company's employees move. The structure of a sole proprietorship is clear - he is at the center of the corporate structure, is responsible for everything and has to take care of all tasks himself.
But even with 2 or 3 founders or shareholders, there is often a division of tasks in the corporate structure. If employees are added, responsibilities, tasks, hierarchy and processes must be clearly defined for the structure of the company. To do this, set up an organizational chart for the company structure with the following content:
- Members of the management with areas of responsibility
- Departments (name, responsibilities, assignment)
- Supervisors and assigned employees
The management structure can be designed very differently depending on the company - some companies prefer flat hierarchies - others in turn numerous and strict hierarchy levels for the structure of the company. You can find more about employees in the course of the corporate structure in this chapter.
Small companies should have a company structure that is as simple as possible so that employees are as flexible as possible in their work. However, clearly defined contact persons and superiors are important in the corporate structure. This makes communication easier and ensures efficient processes. Advice from management consultants on the structure of the company is recommended for larger and complex projects.
Spatial structure of the company
Start-ups certainly don't always start straight away with different locations. But even the office, production and sales can quickly be spread across different locations. Thus, locations also form an essential part of the corporate structure. For the structure of the company, indicate where your locations are and which tasks will be carried out at the respective location. To better represent the spatial structure of the company, it is advisable to use a map.
We already explained the details of the location planning within the framework of the company's structure in a previous chapter.
From the corporate structure to the provision of services
After you have first considered the company structure in the business plan from the perspective of the organizational structure, the next section revolves around the processes: Now move on to the section on operational provision of services and present the company structure in its processes.
As editor-in-chief, René Klein has been responsible for the content of the portal and all publications by Für-Gründer.de for over 10 years. He is a regular interlocutor in other media and writes numerous external specialist articles on start-up topics. Before his time as editor-in-chief and co-founder of Für-Gründer.de, he advised listed companies in the field of financial market communication.
- An electron has a positive charge
- What is 2x 3xy 3x
- Sea otters are rodents
- What are two uses of gravity
- Is the biology difficult in KVPY SA
- When was the trade first recorded in history?
- When is fast better than slow?
- What percentage of billionaires are likely to be psychopaths?
- What does the abbreviation SWAT stand for?
- What is the full form of GB
- What is some wonderful Valentine's Day news
- How do I improve the Skype sound quality
- Can my opponent checkmate me?
- How is the Brazilian non-profit market
- You can use XMPP on iPhone
- What screams I'm a wimp
- Can LinkedIn profiles be fake?
- Do you like slime
- What is a linear and exponential graph
- Where is the NBA Hall of Fame
- Is the Samsung S8 a waterproof cell phone
- Spam 136
- What frustrates you about your laws
- What are the main parameters in the LED driver