What do people need to be human
How human can robots get?
The first artificial machine man named Robot appeared publicly in 1930. Its inventor, the British engineer and captain W. H. Richards, presented it in the winter garden in Berlin. Robot could talk, turn his head, hold objects, and bow. Incidentally, the term “robot” was given ten years earlier by the writer Josef Čapek. It goes back to the Slavic word "rabota" for "work". But: Robots are much more than patient assembly line workers.
In Japan, robots have long been ready for the market and work at hotel receptions, serve in shops or give guests recommendations in restaurants. In one case, they even made it to a respected family member. But how far does it go? Can such a thing made of wires and metal, powered by artificial energy, have a sense of self? Maybe even develop feelings? Ken Goldberg, a robotics professor at Berkeley, says in a video interview that robots can inspire us to become better people. “When we put a lot of effort into developing robots, we learn to appreciate what we humans are really good at. Then we realize that changing a diaper, for example, is an incredibly complex task. No robot will be able to do that in the foreseeable future. There are thousands of examples: human dexterity, human knowledge, the human ability to play sports, dance, be creative, interact with one another, pick up signals from other people. ”These are all things that require subtle nuances . In other words: "Robots fascinate us because, wherever they fail, they give us a new appreciation for the amazing abilities and skills of humans."
In addition to the video interview with Prof. Goldberg, in the special on digital responsibility you will find this content on the relationship between man and machine: a blog post on Robo Sapiens, a text on Tomoni Ota from Japan and her "partner", the robot Pepper , a click route with pictures of humanoid robots, a graphic about what robots do for people, and a film that shows robots failing.
- What is happening to the Internet in Europe
- How do I become personable
- Is plankton the same as diatoms
- Which Ford car is a 7 seater
- What is a good analogy for the Illuminati
- Have children struggle with addiction
- Tamales are easy to make
- Why is the Columbine massacre so notorious
- Why is NH4Cl added before NH4OH
- What makes a UI UX child-friendly
- What does the market need
- What are the best Manoj Bajpayees movies
- What is the passive voice of food
- How does the lowest temperature of Venus arise
- How do actors disappear into characters
- How would that be solved
- Does anyone play football at BITS PILANI
- What is XR technology
- Where are lost memories
- How can I become a bird watcher?
- Does the insurance cover the flight of life
- Carvana only sells used cars
- When did people first cook food?
- Is IoT useful for CSE students
- Is the Centurion University ICAR recognized
- Which plants release carbon dioxide
- How can I develop a good reputation
- How do I share my Twitter profile
- Jazz musician who is Ahmir Questlove Thompson
- What is the lowest number of polarimeters
- How do people turn visitors into subscribers
- Can you drink alcohol in Iran