Are game theory and chaos theory related
Chaos theory and corporate management
Managers in companies are often surprised by the consequences of their decisions: The consequences are often unexpected and undesirable. The classic "decision under uncertainty" approach explains this with a lack of information about exogenous factors. However, there are decisions whose uncertainty is endogenous, i.e. based on the complexity of the decision-making situation.
Since decision-determining mental models ignore essential properties of complexity and thus uncertainty turns into ignorance, Torsten Büssow reconstructs the phenomenon of complexity mathematically and makes it understandable and manageable by means of model-based decision preparation. He justifies the need to use mathematical models for handling complexity in terms of behavioral and cognitive science and thus expands the system-theoretical instruments in business administration, which have so far been based on verbal and iconic access.
Business Administration Business Administration Chaos Theory Decision and Organization Theory Decision Theory Complexity Management Methods Organization Organizational Theory Control System Theory Companies Complex Systems
About the authors
Dr. Torsten Büssow did his PhD with Prof. Dr. Egbert Kahle at the chair for business administration, especially decision-making and organization, at the University of Lüneburg. He works as a management consultant in the area of "Finance Transformation" for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Consulting, Hamburg.
- Book Title Chaos theory and corporate management
- Book subtitle constructions for model-based decision preparation
- AuthorsTorsten Büssow
- Series TitleDecision and Organization Theory
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-322-95347-6
- Copyright InformationGabler Verlag | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2003
- Publisher NameDeutscher Universitätsverlag, Wiesbaden
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-8244-0729-3
- eBook ISBN978-3-322-95347-6
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 438
- Number of Illustrations1 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- TopicsBusiness Strategy / Leadership
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Who is your favorite celebrity cutie?
- What are common totalitarian characteristics among extremists
- Where exactly is our solar system located?
- Why do sharks attack kayakers
- Why do vitamins not provide energy
- How does Salesforce make money
- What is Indian astrology
- What do I do when I am unhappy
- How do I advertise in Stardust Magazine
- What is a nymphomaniac to you
- Can be abstracted abstractly
- Is Osho worth reading
- How is the security of the Japanese school
- Why are C3 plants called C3
- What were some of your most expensive investments
- How do I choose good stocks
- Which song always reminds you of summer
- What makes a dishwasher leak at times?
- What are the keys to life skills
- Which book defined modern literature and how
- Has Palantir bought any companies
- What's your favorite battle song
- How does iCloud Apple work
- You can get tramadol high