How do read confirmations work in WhatsApp
How can we help you?
Check marks will appear next to every message you send. Here is their meaning:
- The message was sent successfully.
- The message was successfully delivered on the recipient's phone.
- The recipient has read your message.
In group chats, the second tick will only be displayed once all group participants have received your message. Two blue ticks will only appear once all group members have read your message.
For every message you've sent, a message info screen lets you see when the message was delivered and read or played by the recipient.
To display the message info screen:
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Swipe the message from right to left.
- Alternatively, you can tap and hold the message and info choose from the menu.
On the News infoScreen shows the following details:
- This means that the message was delivered on the recipient's phone but they have not yet seen it.
Read or Seen:
- This means that the recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file or video.
- The recipient has seen your voice message but has not yet played it.
- The recipient has played your voice message.
Note: When a participant leaves a group, you will still see the original information on the Message Info screen with all participants, including the participant who left the group.
Missing read receipts
If you don't see a read receipt for the message you've sent, there could be several reasons:
- The recipient of your message has deactivated read receipts in the privacy settings.
- The recipient blocked you.
- The recipient may have switched off their phone.
- The recipient may not have opened the chat with your sent message yet.
- You or the recipient may have problems with the internet connection.
Turn off read receipts
To turn off your read receipts, switch to Settings > Account > privacy and deactivate Read receipts.
Note: This does not deactivate read receipts in groups and playback receipts for voice messages. There is no way to turn it off.
- How do you control triglycerides with medication
- What laws did the Romans have?
- How filmmakers earn
- Where to learn to master nunchaku
- How can we compare Nepal with Switzerland
- Which is the best wholesale CBD isolate
- DSLR for wildlife photography
- How to use benzoyl peroxide gel
- Causes masturbation to tear bags
- Which is older physics or math
- What is the Sai mantra
- Is cycling good for walking
- What is Moz How does it work
- What is the GEEE exam
- What are the airports in Lampung Indonesia
- Where can I get free garden plants
- What animals could beat the Tyrannosaurus Rex?
- Does numerology really work
- Is the trickle economy still sustainable
- Have trouble controlling your anger
- Sea otters are rodents
- Are masturbation normal
- Is 50 50 always half and half
- What does your thing mean to me?