Am i good enough to be hot
Am i good enough
Sometimes we feel like a small, insignificant light in the dark. Even if you can't tell by looking at it: Many freelancers regularly struggle with self-doubt and existential fears. Especially beginners with little work experience often ask themselves: Can I do that too? Am I even good enough to take on this assignment? But these questions will not get you anywhere, on the contrary: They block you and weaken your self-confidence. It's better that way.
Table of Contents
Asking the right questions
Of course, it makes sense to be realistic about your own abilities. For example, if you're just starting out as a copywriter, the coveted assignments from large companies may be a little too ambitious.
The higher your expectations, the greater the disappointment in the end.
So be honest with yourself and your experiences. Are you disciplined enough to meet deadlines? Do you know the work steps that are expected of you as part of the project and can you also implement them? Do you have sufficient knowledge in your area of expertise and is your demeanor, both personally and via communication channels such as email and telephone, professional?
That doesn't sound very edifying at first. But don't let these questions discourage you! Rather, they are intended to serve as a compass that you can use to align yourself again and again and check your qualifications. Your start doesn't have to be perfect, but you should avoid as many unnecessary mistakes as possible.
Approach with this attitude
In the case of an employment contract, would you ask yourself whether your work should also be rewarded? Of course not, after all merit you your wages. But why is that so clear in the case of permanent employment, but not in the case of freelance work? You are not an intern! And you should never put yourself in this role, not even and especially not at the beginning of your work.
Clients act dubious when they try to lure you with free deals. Never forget that you are performing. And, of course, a service also needs to be paid for accordingly. Young freelancers in particular find it difficult to internalize this matter of course.
You are good enough to be paid appropriately. However, it usually takes a little practice and experience to appear confident. But don't worry - every freelancer starts there and grows with this challenge.
It is perfectly normal if you are unsure as a new freelancer. How should you know the tricks, tips and tricks from? Unfortunately, some successful people forget that they started somewhere. Don't let this bother you; instead, find sources of support.
Of course, there are also other methods to improve your mindset: Positive affirmations or the Neurolinguistic Programmingwhich I am not particularly convinced of. I would like to tell you that there are many roads leading to Rome here too. Just try them out and find out what works for you and what doesn't.
Be honest to yourself
I already indicated it: reflect and deal honestly with your development. Where do you stand? Where else do you have to learn something? Knowledge is readily available these days - you just need to know where to find it.
Willingness to learn is a core competence on the way to becoming a successful freelancer. Some self-employed and freelancers make the mistake of stopping learning as soon as they begin to achieve results. But as is well known, arrogance comes before the fall and this only leads to you closing yourself off significant learning potential.
Hence my tip: Be self-critical without belittling yourself. Be open without being completely permeable. Accept outside criticism, but also check whether the criticism is constructive or destructive. Not everyone means well with you and even among freelancers there are not only friends, but also competitors. It is therefore essential for your success to strengthen your self-confidence in yourself and your abilities.
This is how you do it:
- Ask the right question, not: "Am I good enough?", But: "Where am I and how can I improve?"
- Find support: coaches, role models and positive affirmations are an excellent combination.
- Always remain open to ideas, suggestions and criticism from outside. However, check carefully whether the impulses are constructive or destructive.
- Hone your skills as often as possible. There is always something you can learn and develop.
- Specialize! Generalists have a much more difficult time in the market than qualified freelancers.
Don't ask if you are good enough. Rather, ask yourself where you currently stand and which skills you can still develop. At first it is a difficult balancing act, on the one hand not to be small and on the other hand not to overwhelm yourself. But the more you learn and train this self-awareness, the better you will get at it over time.
- How to Buy Land in Indonesia
- ISIS is a religious organization
- Why does fasting lead to bad breath
- Bookstore cafes make or lose money
- What is the purpose of indian music
- What is 7 0
- Does my tibial nuberosity look normal?
- Fruit Kills lime juice from germs
- How Dronacharya becomes the Guru of the Kauravas Pandavas
- The STL file format is widely used
- How can you rent out your office?
- How would you start Motherboard Manufacturing Company
- Works reflected sunlight for photosynthesis
- Which artist sang the song Locked Up
- What is the growing market for dissolving pulps
- Why do the stomachs of starving people puff out?
- Why is the BirdBox Challenge going viral
- How could my grandmother be over 100 years old
- What is a naphtha stabilizer used for?
- Helps drinking water pull off ears
- What is unregistered copyright
- Where are the WhatsApp servers located
- How do I get a Hungarian accent
- How do therapists deal with their own mind