An acupuncture pen is helpful
How acupuncture and acupressure help with pain
For Chinese healers, health means that the life energy "Qi" can flow unhindered on channels, if this energy builds up, people get sick and suffer from pain - so the idea. Acupuncture is probably the best-known healing method in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
Acupuncture: needle pricks for pain
According to an article in the journal "Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies" there is no uniform scientific theory of exactly how acupuncture works. Presumably, the stimulation of the needle promotes blood circulation and expels substances such as enkephalins. This blocks the transmission of pain signals to the brain. And if no signal arrives there, we don't feel any pain. In the long term, acupuncture should lead to new connections within the nervous system so that the pain is no longer perceived or is perceived differently.
Effect not sufficiently scientifically proven
As early as 2002, the World Health Organization published a large-scale study that acupuncture had a positive effect on numerous pains - for example in the knee or neck. The treatment should also work against nausea and depression. The Cochrane medical network also describes this positive effect on ailments such as migraines or tension headaches. However, there is still insufficient scientific evidence that acupuncture always works.
Acupressure: Tips for Self-Treatment
Can you use acupuncture yourself? A technique that is unlikely to have any side effects is suitable for self-therapy: acupressure. The respective points are activated by rubbing or pressing, for example. For this, the patient just needs to know the right spots and basic massage techniques. First you feel an acupuncture point with your finger. It can be felt as a small indentation. An acupuncture point that needs treatment is also sensitive to pressure.
Massage of acupuncture points relieves discomfort
Once the point has been found, turn circles clockwise and counter-clockwise while applying slight pressure to see which direction is more comfortable. Then the point is gently massaged in a circular motion in the more comfortable direction for up to three minutes. The sensitivity of the point decreases noticeably. If it is relaxed and no longer painful, the next point follows. In acute problems, the point is held down for ten to 30 seconds, pressed three to five times vigorously, pressed 15 to 20 times with moderate massaging or tapped with the fingertips 20 to 30 times - depending on what is most comfortable.
This topic in the program:
Arte | Xenius | 04/30/2020 | 4:50 pm
- Why is every event used for politics
- How is the placement of the OEC
- What is Russia's Defense Budget
- Why is Glassdoor not used in Germany?
- How big is WorldQuant
- How do I become a script coach
- Am i good enough to be hot
- What is the name of Gulab Jamun in English
- Can I open a joint account for 5 people?
- What is strategy 1
- What is lstrip in Python for
- How is the procedure for studying nanotechnology
- How and by whom were sunglasses invented
- What is the need of coding
- Which are some weird japanese movies
- Which states share the border with Uttar Pradesh
- Which classes are considered computer science
- What could be true but wrong
- What are the best stocks for tomorrow
- Black bears are aggressive towards humans
- Benadryl extends the QTC
- Is CloudStack a serious competitor to OpenStack?
- Could God actually be a universal supercomputer?
- Paid well to HODL