Is lemon juice more acidic than vinegar
Citric acid or vinegar essence: when is which home remedy is better?
Vinegar essence and citric acid, if you want to remove stubborn stains, you can rely on these all-rounders in the household. But caution is advised when using them, because the home remedies can also cause damage.
Limescale is ugly and often stubborn. If you want to remove them, it is best to use acids - such as vinegar essence or citric acid. But they should be used carefully. So which acid is best for what?
When not to use vinegar
The advantage of citric acid is the low inherent odor, explains the industry association for body care and detergents (IKW). Vinegar essence, on the other hand, has an intense to pungent odor.
In addition, acetic acid can attack certain materials - and even cause damage such as stress cracks in taps or mixer taps, for example. Acetic acid is therefore not suitable for cleaning sensitive fittings. It is also better not to use vinegar to descale your shower head or other items that contain a rubber seal. The acid can seriously damage the material. Better to use citric acid.
If, on the other hand, you want to clean your kettle, you can use citric acid in pure powder form. If this is heated as an aqueous solution, this increases its decalcifying effect.
However, vinegar essence is good for removing limescale stains from stainless steel, such as the sink. You can also use this home remedy to clean drains. When using the concentrate, open the window to avoid attacking your airways.
This is to be considered with the home remedies
For cleaning with vinegar essence as well as with citric acid, you should dilute both in a ratio of 1: 4 - one part essence or acid to four parts water.
Since home remedies are aggressive acids, you should wear gloves when cleaning and avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
You should not use acetic or citric acid to clean marble surfaces. Like lime, marble consists of calcium carbonate - the acid would damage the surface. The acids are also ineffective against fat.
more on the subject
- Cleaning agents,
- Home remedies,
- Household tip,
- Household tips,
- Spring cleaning,
- Citric acid,
- Why is doping necessary
- How are metro services in Kolkata
- How does the online doctor consultation work 1
- Android users should install Google Camera
- How do cacti hold back water?
- How are filaments made
- Has anyone really thought about eternal life?
- Should clinical trials on criminals be warranted
- Why does Square need so many designers
- Which is better between UpGrad and Edureka
- What's your favorite indie makeup brand
- World of Warcraft is still being produced
- Would North Korea destroy Canada
- Operation Barbarossa was a preventive strike
- Are there modern matriarchal countries today?
- What is meant by Kobi in Marathi
- Would Bucky Shuri make a good couple
- CBT is a form of psychotherapy
- What is the work of CTBTO
- What is the significance of genetic engineering
- How did Kuvera offer free services
- How does ConcurrentHashMap achieve its scalability
- What is the KIIT advisory status?
- What is the Samsung Galaxy S3 overrated