Can I keep a dog that I found
First steps in finding an abandoned dog:
1. Exercise caution:
An unknown, stray dog always means a certain danger. After all, you don't know what he's been through, how he reacts to strangers, and whether he might be sick or injured. Before you approach the dog, you should therefore first observe it inconspicuously. Never approach the animal head-on, but always slightly to the side. Stay calm and relaxed.
If you are very nervous or anxious yourself, it is better to keep your distance. Your own safety should be in the foreground despite all love for animals. In addition, your fear could spread to the dog and you never know how a nervous or anxious four-legged friend will react.
2. Secure the dog
If the animal looks friendly and open-minded, you may approach it carefully from the side. Since a free-running dog is a danger not only for itself but also for other road users, it should be secured if possible.
The easiest way to do this is to have a leash on hand. If not, you can try to lure the dog gently - with luck and dogged sense, it may follow you.
Another option is to ask a passerby for help. He can then help you back up so that you can carry out the next steps in peace.
3. Look for the owner
Next, you should look around to see if you can find the owner of the dog after all. Talk to passers-by whether they know the four-legged friend or whether they have seen someone looking for their dog.
You can also ring the doorbell in the surrounding houses and ask there. With a little luck, the residents will know the four-legged friend or can help you find them.
If you are in the forest where no one can be seen, you can also shout out loud and stand on a path with the dog in a clearly visible position.
4. Report to the animal shelter or the community
If, despite your best efforts, the owner cannot be located at first, you must contact the responsible municipality or the local animal shelter and report the dog that has walked in. You are required to take this step by law.
As a rule, the authorities require that the dog be handed over to the nearest animal shelter. Together with a veterinarian who checks the dog's registration in an animal database, the animal shelter tries to find the owner.
If the dog is wearing a collar with a tax stamp, you can also call the German pet register or the Tasso animal welfare association directly and report the dog there. In the best case, the owner can be determined directly via the number and informed about your find.
5. As an alternative to the vet
Another option is to take the dog straight to a veterinarian. This is particularly useful if the dog is visibly ill, injured or the nearest animal shelter is simply too far away.
Using a tattoo in the ear, on the inside of the thigh or an implanted chip that many pets have, the veterinarian can use a special reader to determine the number of the four-legged friend. In the best case, the dog is registered with this number in a pet register.
If such a notice is missing or the owner cannot be reached easily, the veterinarian will arrange for temporary accommodation in an animal shelter.
6. Call the police (if steps 4 and 5 are not possible)
If you have no way of taking the dog to a vet or an animal shelter, or if you have legitimate concerns about taking the unknown dog with you, notify the police. She will come by and take care of the next steps.
- Which natural disasters were best managed
- Which fields of technology still have to be improved?
- Why do people get so many doubts
- How to calculate the difference
- What is a household energy audit
- What is feminism after Hinduism
- Ash is fire retardant
- Is Israel a desert
- Are there autistic fund managers
- What is the significance of genetic engineering
- If x +4 8 then what is x
- Why Myntra levies high taxes
- Why can whites talk well?
- Who is God 34
- Why does Microsoft Windows not make POSIX compatible
- How could technology improve NFL football?
- What is Windows HD Color
- What is the bounce rate from Google Analytics
- How much fees for HIM
- Why was communist Soviet Russia so brutal
- Who are Oracle's main competitors
- Are musicians narcissists
- What is a confluence in biology
- How to treat brain tumor
- How do people turn visitors into subscribers
- When did shorts go out of style?
- Who buys laptops
- How do native ads fit the website
- What is a multi-commodity exchange
- Medical coding is mobilized
- What do girls like women actually
- What does an oil change do
- Should Harvard fail all grades, they will fail
- How do species survive mass extinctions