UP and Bihar are not going to help
Dead fighting for food in floodplains in India
By Reuters Staff
Patna (Reuters) - Food is becoming scarce in East India due to the worst flooding in 50 years.
According to the authorities, a person was killed on Wednesday in the fight for food and medicine in front of an aid center. Several people were injured by aid packages falling from helicopters, and one boy was killed.
Last week the Kosi River in Bihar, one of the poorest regions in India, overflowed its banks and changed its course. The floods destroyed 250,000 houses and more than two million people are homeless. “We have enough supplies but not enough transportation to distribute them,” said Rajesh Kumar Guptar, a government official in the Madhepura district. Farmers in the region complained about grain theft.
The UN children's aid organization Unicef reported on broken roads and unstable water and electricity supplies in the region. The relief supplies would have to be transported by boat. Some prisoners took advantage of the flood chaos to escape from a prison in Supaul. How many there are is currently unclear.
Since the beginning of the monsoons in June, more than 1,000 people have died in southern Asia, mainly in the Uttar Pradesh region, but also in Nepal and Bangladesh. So far there have been 50 fatalities in Bihar. Some experts blame climate change for the heavy rains, others accuse governments of neglecting flood protection.
- Why is Charizard such a popular Pokemon
- Is Pittsburgh an overrated city
- How can you practice golf
- Is CloudStack a serious competitor to OpenStack?
- What is the best mascara
- Can we see impossible colors
- What's your rating of the HubSpot company
- Overwatch is free to play on PC
- Is it dangerous to visit youporn
- How is yogurt made 1
- What is a DevOps Foundation Certification Review
- What does reincarnation prove
- Is the music still developing?
- Is rabies curable
- Which is a mobile friendly blogger template
- What is a local terrorist cell
- Why is guest service so important
- Which characters are there in Jump Force
- Which films are like The Last Song
- Which USB devices need a powered hub?
- Is it okay to ride a bike to school?
- Why don't you like ABBA
- Which fruit is the 1st
- How does ConcurrentHashMap achieve its scalability