IOS What wireless technology does Airdrop use
Apple enables users to quickly transfer data wirelessly with AirDrop technology. The only requirement for this is that all devices involved support Apple AirDrop. However, since 2010 all current Apple products have mastered this technology.
With AirDrop, photos, videos, documents, websites or even contacts can be transferred quickly and wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth and WLAN connections over a distance of around nine meters.
For data transmission, it does not matter which networks the devices are located in, which data are to be exchanged. In principle, the AirDrop connection is completely independent of existing networks and, if necessary, establishes its own connection for communication if there is no connection yet.
If the AirDrop function is switched on on the device, the device first searches for available connection partners in the vicinity via Bluetooth who have also activated the AirDrop function.
If there are other Apple AirDrop-enabled devices with activated AirDrop in the vicinity, they automatically send a response back via Bluetooth using the Bonjour Daemon to announce their presence.
Now the user can choose with which of the found devices he would like to exchange data and a connection can be established. The data that are to be transmitted from device to device are then preferentially transmitted via a network connection, if this is available.
1] The Apple AirDrop window. All nearby devices that have activated AirDrop at the moment are displayed here.
You can find Apple AirDrop in the Finder as the first selection item in the menu bar on the left.
If a direct LAN connection fails, a WiFi connection independent of any existing WiFi connection is established and the data is then transmitted directly via this WiFi interface. Incidentally, Apple uses its own peer-to-peer protocol for communication between the devices called “Apple Wireless Direct Link” (AWDL) which has not been publicly documented by Apple.
In order to protect his data and only make it accessible to the desired people, the user must first decide whether to activate the option “visible to all” in the device or whether to select the option “only visible to contacts”. As a last resort against unwanted data transmission from a foreign source, the user must always acknowledge each transmission before receiving it.
Category: General, Tips and Tricks
- Where are the WhatsApp servers located
- Which kitchen is better made of steel or wood
- There are RPG games for Android
- When will Georgia apologize for slavery?
- Which is better SASTRA or JNTU Kakinada
- Can someone factor 2 100
- What is marzipan used for?
- What are hardness grants
- Bad grades can hurt your job opportunities
- Does national law take precedence over state law
- You can make Parmigiano Reggiano at home
- How do nurses stay healthy
- Why do people feel uncomfortable around dwarfs?
- How can I PM people on Quora
- What causes software programming to be hacked
- Why do people buy artifacts
- How do goblins multiply in Harry Potter
- How many schools are there in UP
- What is the value of log 1000
- What are some examples of isthmus
- Whatever takes too long
- Literally what the hell
- What strategies are there in the political debate
- What is the quadratic function used for?
- Will the post be delivered on Saturday
- Is there energy in our vision
- Are musicians narcissists
- Is the therapeutic parenteral insured by a dentist
- With which CMS was this website designed
- How can technology solve social problems
- President Obama will close Guantanamo Bay
- What does a market analysis consist of
- What are melanin pills