How are gases captured in pressure tanks
Hydrogen as the energy carrier of the future
Storage of hydrogen
Hydrogen is a gas at room temperature, i.e. 20 degrees Celsius, it is invisible and odorless. This makes handling more difficult or more complex, but is comparable to natural gas.
If you wanted to make hydrogen liquid, you would have to cool it down to -252 degrees Celsius. That would of course be too time-consuming. In order to be able to store gas, one uses pressure bottles, as they are known, for example, for camping gas or diving bottles. In industry and in laboratories, relatively large amounts of hydrogen are already used today and are supplied and stored in bottles. There are already tank trucks, for example at Linde, for the transport of this gas. The storage can take place at a pressure of up to 700 bar.
In order to be able to store larger amounts, research is currently concerned with underground cavities, for example caverns, with the existing natural gas networks and also with voluminous steel balls.
In some areas of Switzerland, around 10 percent hydrogen is already being added to the natural gas network, for example in Solothurn. You don't notice any difference between the applications, but the carbon dioxide emissions are reduced.
This is the first article in a series on hydrogen. In a further article in the course of spring, the author will look at the possible uses of hydrogen and the chances of a hydrogen economy for the canton of Graubünden.
- Where do researchers buy their equipment?
- Best Small Business Apps for Android
- What little things could have changed World War II
- Which fields of technology still have to be improved?
- How can rape physically injure the victim?
- What are teenagers doing in Shanghai
- Why are people so insensitive to depression
- Tom Waits believes in God
- When would you evacuate for a hurricane?
- What is Steve Wozniak's view of India
- Which battery offers a long battery backup
- Why is sport important to you personally?
- Someone becomes homeless after trading stocks
- Can you plant potatoes after tomatoes
- What are the types of axial pumps
- What are some haunted cities in America
- What is the passive voice of food
- How should the Avengers film series end
- How did the name Portugal come about?
- Which European banks do RTGS
- Can women love a fat guy
- What is a middle brain
- What are hardness grants
- Where did Kid Rock grow up