How do atoms relate to all matter
Structure of matter¶
The mass of an atom does not exactly correspond to the sum of the masses of the elementary particles, but is always slightly less. This loss of mass, which occurs when the building blocks are put together, is known as a mass defect.
The cause of the mass defect is the binding energy released when the elementary particles come together. According to Albert Einstein's famous formula - the equivalence of mass and energy - corresponds to the binding energy the difference the mass of the elementary building blocks and the entire atom, multiplied by the square of the speed of light :
Even a tiny mass defect corresponds to an enormous amount of energy.
The isotope consists of six protons, six neutrons and six electrons. Mathematically, the sum of the masses of all atomic building blocks would result in the following value:
The actual mass of the isotope is only . The difference of is converted into energy during formation from the core building blocks. This mass corresponds to an energy of per atom respectively per gram of carbon. This corresponds to 22 million times the amount of energy that is released when one gram of coal is burned.
Mass defects only occur in nuclear reactions; in chemical reactions only the interaction of the external electrons is important.
- Malta has a lot of crime
- What is the greatest crime that you have ever solved?
- How do I decide on my haircut
- Is midbrain activation safe for children
- How do I feel good during rehab?
- Each chakra has a color
- What is Aucma Digital TV
- There are RPG games for Android
- Which animals show human behavior
- Cloakroom service provider in Delhi
- Do fictional characters have free will
- If 83 74x 37 what is x
- What experience is required for financial engineering
- Is it possible to become a billiards
- Are shreddies good for you?
- Why do receivers contain amplifiers
- How accurate is the Bible 1
- There are solar powered refrigerators
- What is literature review for clarity
- Which are the most interesting extinct mammals
- Where can I find photos of IITs
- How do human rights help you
- Can military officers order civilian fighters directly
- How can I flash Nokia phones?