What does 8
Idiom: zero eight fifteen
Something is "zero eight fifteen"
Jennifer runs excitedly through the hallway to the front door and calls into the kitchen: "Mom, grandma and grandpa are finally here! I'm opening up" Only a few weeks ago the 10 year old moved with her parents and now the grandparents are of course curious about the new apartment.
After a big "Hello!" and "Oh, have you grown up again!" Jennifer's mother leads the grandparents into the living room so that the couple can rest after the long journey. "Ui, those are nice new curtains, Irene! Not as zero-eight fifteen as with the neighbors ..." Granny marvels and admires the curtains.
Jennifer frowns and also takes a closer look at the curtains across from the neighbors. She can't see a pattern of numbers anywhere on the fabric. How does your grandma get "0-8-15" ..?
What the phrase 0815 means and how it came about
"Zero eight fifteen" is something that is quite ordinary and unimportant and therefore does not require any special attention.
"0-8-15" is also the type designation of a machine gun that was used in World War I and was still used from time to time in World War II. The soldiers always had to do the same exercises on the "MG 08/15", which quickly became boring and therefore seemed meaningless.
Another explanation is that soldiers in World War I allegedly said the saying "The weapon is 08/15", with which they expressed themselves disparagingly about the quality of the weapon, which deteriorated in the course of the war.#Subjects
- How can you learn to tolerate teenagers
- How does Greplin work
- How do you say legal in Afrikaans
- Who is Gwyneth Paltrow
- Who do you trust for investment advice
- What is agarbatti made of
- Call them semis or trucks
- Which pen do you use 1
- Can you decipher the word ITFG?
- What is heat in physics
- How good is UPS in Mexico
- Should India support Israel
- Who is Kakkan
- Can you die from vomiting in your sleep?
- All social media platforms should be abolished
- Diving is prohibited in Murudeshwara Karnataka
- What are some biotech startups in India
- What kind of futuristic technology do you really want
- Support Senator Kelly Ayotte for LGBT rights
- Admire Steve Jobs
- RNN or CNN Which one is more powerful
- Have you recently updated your corporate learning?
- Writing makes you exhausted
- Can turmeric balance hormones