How does Splenda Sucralose work
|Brief description||colorless crystals|
|Molar mass||397.63 g mol−1|
|Melting point||Decomposition: 125 ° C|
Easily soluble in water and alcohol
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions.|
Sucralose (E 955) is a calorie-free sweetener that is around 600 times sweeter than sucrose.
The young Indian chemist Shashikant Phadnis accidentally synthesized a sweet-tasting compound from sugar in 1975 at Queen Elizabeth College in London while searching for new insecticides.
The trichlorosucrose sucralose is produced by selective chlorination of sucrose, whereby three hydroxyl groups are exchanged for three chlorine atoms.
Unlike saccharin, sucralose does not have a bitter aftertaste. The sweetness profile is different from that of sugar. The sweetness sets in late and lasts a very long time, even after swallowing a sweet aftertaste can be determined for a long time. It has no appreciable physiological calorific value, does not cause tooth decay, is extremely heat-stable and has very good solubility and miscibility with other food components.
Sucralose can - like sugar - react in solutions with water, but only over a longer period of time at very high degrees of acidity and temperatures.
Sucralose has an appetite stimulating effect that would not be useful in diets.
The ADI value is 15 mg per kg of body weight and per day.
Sucralose is sold under the trade nameSplenda of McNeil Nutritionals expelled. In addition to sucralose, table sweetener in powder or tablet form also contains dextrose, maltodextrin or lactose, leucine and carboxymethyl cellulose.
Sucralose was developed in the UK and is mainly manufactured in the USA; since 1998 it has been approved in more than 60 countries . Since April 2004, sucralose has also been approved as a food additive in the European Union. In Germany, sucralose was approved on January 26, 2005 in accordance with the Additive Approval Ordinance.
Like many other organochlorine compounds, sucralose is slow to break down in the environment or in sewage treatment plants. While there is evidence that sucralose causes the listed side effects, no scientific evidence has been provided to date. In some animal experiments there were some indications of possible complications that could be caused by sucralose, but since a harmful effect could not be scientifically confirmed to date, the European Union decided on September 7, 2000 to assign sucralose to the safe products and to use them as a Share consumption.  The Swedish environmental authority Naturvårdsverket has also put sucralose on the list of harmless substances.
- ↑ Hough, L. & Phadnis, S.P. (1976): Enhancement in the sweetness of sucrose. In: Nature. Vol. 263, p. 800. PMID 995198 doi: 10.1038 / 263800a0
- ↑ Hough, L. (1978): Intensification of sweetness. Trends in Biochemical Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 61-63. doi: 10.1016 / S0968-0004 (78) 93998-1
- ↑ American Academy Of Family Physicians (2004) Everything You Need to Know About Sucralose: Educational booklets & brochures
- ↑ M. R. Weihrauch, V. Diehl (2004): Artificial sweeteners - do they bear a carcinogenic risk?. In: Annals of Oncology. Vol. 15, p. 10. 1460-1465 (6) Oxford University Press
- ↑Scientific Committee on Food of the European Commission (2000): Opinion of the Scientific Committee on Food on Sucralose SCF / CS / ADDS / EDUL / 190 Final PDF
- ↑ Nils-Gunnar Ilbäck, Kettil Svensson (2005): Sukralos has been updated by the EU and WHO. In: Nyhetslista. Swedish Environment Agency Naturvårdsverket
Categories: Carbohydrate | Food chemistry
- How's your week so far
- The shipping costs are to be borne
- What are some 24 hour pharmacies
- How ethnically diverse is Quora
- How do I reform the United Nations
- Which juice is better lemon or orange
- Is OpenCart a framework
- What is a linear elastic structure
- Why did John Lennon choose Yoko Ono
- Discontinued Hobby Lobby at age 14
- Flatworms have no koelom
- You can drink bulletproof coffee while fasting
- What are the top Irish brands
- God likes the diversity of religion
- Kirito's strongest character is IRL
- How do I practice hypnosis
- Who is Andrew von Mackeeper
- What prevents withdrawal
- Do friends have rights to each other
- Great Britain has a Supreme Court
- What is a horseshoe magnet
- Keeps my credit card legal
- What is salmonella gastroenteritis
- Who made the film Loveless