What causes you to be born
“If you are born poor, it is not your fault. But it's your fault if you die poor. "
If you're born poor it's not your fault, but if you die poor it's your fault.
Quoted in various publications, without any further sourcing. The quote is dubious in view of the Gates Foundation's public mission, "to lift people out of hunger and extreme poverty." Gates was born to an affluent family.
"[...] and where there was no intention, there is no guilt."
- Titus Livius, book Ab urbe condita
Roman History, Book I-III, 4th Edition, Ed. Hans Jürgen Hillen, Patmos Verlag, 2007, ISBN 978-3760815510, p. 153, books.google.de https://books.google.de/books?id = 1E3nBQAAQBAJ & pg = PA153 & dq =% 22and + where + there + was + no + intention +, + there + there + there + also + no + guilt.% 22
Original Latin: "[...] et unde consilium afuerit culpam abesse." - Liv. 1, 58, 9. Addressed indirectly to Lucretia
From urbe condita
"Anyone who is in debt must necessarily lie."
- Herodotus ancient Greek historian, geographer and ethnologist -484 - -425 BC
Histories 1,138.1; see Schöll p.134 books.google https://books.google.de/books?id=BFwMAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA134
Original ancient Greek: "ἀναγκαίην φασὶ εἶναι τὸν ὀφείλοντα καί τι ψεῦδος λέγειν." -: el: s: Ιστορίαι (Ηροδότου) /Κλειώ#v138.1
"Write: the fisherman is to blame."
- Joschka Fischer German politician 1948
Recommendation to the chairman Hans-Peter Uhl, after more than two hours before the committee of inquiry into the visa affair, April 25, 2005, quoted on www.abendblatt.de http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2005/04/ 26 / 426268.html? S = 2, April 26, 2005
"Impatience is often to blame."
- Wilhelm Busch German writer of satirical picture stories in verse 1832-1908
Stupidity Seen in Others, p. 872
Spricker - aphorisms and rhymes
- What are the main Twitter handles
- What does Porsche mean
- How is the placement of the OEC
- Which profession deserves significantly higher wages
- Did any dinosaurs live in the oceans?
- What causes blood diseases
- Friendships go through certain steps
- How did the Higgs boson come about
- Going public on Snapchat is a good investment
- You must be born again
- What is the evolutionary basis of superstition
- A supply can be given to Canadians
- What is your favorite color Apple Watch
- How do neurons come in and out
- What is an idle current
- Are French books longer than English books
- Have you ever cried for your crush
- Are whistleblowers heroes or villains
- What companies invest in diversity and inclusion
- Jeep is a reliable Japanese car
- Where did Kid Rock grow up
- How bees defend themselves
- What Bible do Mormons use
- Why should everyone use LegalZoom
- What are the unsolved problems of medicine
- How do I improve the Skype sound quality
- Are relay neurons myelinated
- Why do people create websites
- When does a network overload occur
- What tanks does China use
- What does an oil change do
- What does database connection information mean
- Is sleep paralysis on the rise