MIT is a college or high school
How does the American education system work?
The best universities in the world can be found in the USA - no wonder, after all, despite the high tuition fees, these have a particularly high priority in the American education system.
The school system in the USA
In the USA, general school attendance is usually up to the age of 16 or 18, depending on the state. A three-tier school system with a grammar school, secondary school and secondary school as in Germany does not exist in the USA. Instead, children with different talents attend school together.
A child's school career in America begins with the six-year "Elementary School", which starts with kindergarten and goes through 6th or 8th grade. In grades 7 to 9, the “Middle School” or “Junior High School” continues. The pupils then attend the “high school”, which is comparable to the German comprehensive school. American teenagers attend this school from grades 9 to 12 and 10 to 12 respectively.
Graduating from high school entitles you to attend college. In the USA, university education has a particularly high status. The USA is the nation with the highest percentage of young people attending college.
The school system is state-run, which means that everyone has the opportunity to attend school free of charge until they have completed compulsory schooling. This offer is used by 90% of the students. The remaining 10% attend one of the country's private schools.
What is the difference between college and university?
The term college or university depends in part on the individual states. A bachelor's degree or just a degree in certain areas can often be obtained at a college. At the university, however, a doctorate is also possible. The college and university are thus similar to the German technical college and university.
High tuition fees for universities
There are different types of colleges: undergraduate schools, graduate schools, and professional schools. In principle, tuition fees are charged at the universities, which also far exceed the German tuition fees at state universities. However, because this branch of education has a very high status, many parents take on these high costs. Many years in advance of this, save for the education of their children. A much more extensive range of scholarships than in Germany enables socially disadvantaged and particularly good students to attend college or university. Famous American universities include Princeton University, Harvard University, Columbia University, and Yale University.Author: Miriam Bax
Published on February 3, 2011
Tags: College, High School, School System USA
- How difficult is the concept of infinity
- At which universities is Google recruiting
- Can you get parasites from swimming pools?
- How was Hungary created
- What is Diabetes Neuropathy Prevention Medicine
- Are spiders related to lobsters and crabs
- What is the best air rifle rating
- Who are some excellent conservative commentators
- Can innovation be learned or taught
- How does the online doctor consultation work 1
- Kills color bacteria and viruses
- How do veins connect after surgery
- How did the name Portugal come about?
- Knew Nipsey Hussle Tupac
- Fallout is a dying video game franchise
- What Bible do Mormons use
- Is CloudStack a serious competitor to OpenStack?
- What does your ideal retirement look like
- How can I open my camera?
- Is it worth buying Ethereum
- Why is monogamy difficult for you
- What are the college days in IIT
- What are your favorite Korean fiction books
- How much is 2 grams of weed
- The human brain is smarter than computers
- Being in love is always wrong
- What was the appearance of the Indians?
- How can I deactivate a PAN card
- What is negative acceleration
- Why do conductors not generate static electricity
- Is it more efficient to write in italics?
- Has a physical location dimensions