Why are all HDMI cables the same
hardware HDMI cables: what are the differences?
After purchasing the new Ultra HD TV, one is faced with the question of which HDMI cable transmits the desired quality. Starting with the HDMI version through the different connector types to other names such as CEC, Ethernet or DTS-HD. We explain the differences and what to look out for when buying the cable.
What are the technical differences in HDMI cables?
HDMI stands for High definition multimedia interface and is an interface that has been developed since 2002 for digitally transmitting images and sound. For example, you can connect your Blu-Ray player or game console directly to a television via HDMI in order to display both image and sound at the same time. The current version of HDMI is 2.1 - however, according to the license agreement, HDMI products may no longer be marked with version numbers. The names are now called "HDMI Standard", "HDMI High Speed", "HDMI Premium High Speed" and, in the latest version, "HDMI Ultra High Speed". Whether it's Full HD or HDMI 2.0 - our table will help you understand the differences between the individual HDMI cables and HDMI standards:
In summary, depending on the transmission rate, you should use the following HDMI variants for the transmission of HD up to 8K:
- HDMI standard: Supports a transmission rate of up to 7.92 Gbit per second (Gbit / s), which is sufficient for the transmission of an HD signal (1080p) at 60 Hz - so Full HD.
- HDMI high speed: Supports a transfer rate of up to 8.16 Gbit / s and masters 4K, 3D or Deep color
- HDMI Premium High Speed: Supports transmission of up to 14.4 Gbit / s for 4K with 60 Hz. This standard also guarantees that the bandwidth required for this is actually made available.
- HDMI Ultra High Speed: Has a maximum bandwidth of 42 ⅔ GBit / s. With this you can 8K with 60 Hz and 4K transmitted with a repetition rate of 120 Hz.
In addition to the technical features, there are different connector types for HDMI cables. The normal plug is this Connector type A. You can usually find this on all entertainment devices or notebooks. In addition, there is still Type c and Type D. Similar to USB plugs, this is smaller than the standard.
What should you look out for when buying?
When buying a cable, you should first compare the technical possibilities of the cables and weigh up which HDMI cable makes sense for your purpose. Our table above will help you with this. If you need an HDMI cable for Ultra HD, Deep Color and Dolby Vision, it hardly makes sense to buy an old, cheaper standard HDMI cable. In this case you should invest in an Ultra High Speed HDMI cable or at least a cable with HDMI 2.0 or higher. In addition to the cable designation, the following points are also important when purchasing:
- Choose the optimal length: Longer cables are firstly more expensive and secondly have a negative impact on quality. So the motto is: as short as possible, as long as necessary.
- Find the right connector type: HDMI Type A is the standard for TVs or consoles. For smartphones, for example, you need type D.
- Ethernet HDMI cable (optional): These have an integrated network cable and thus offer the option of broadcasting the Internet.
- Narcissists are always moody and depressed
- Why can't Modi improve his English pronunciation?
- The word disturbed is offensive
- How can personnel planning be explained
- Can the peace treaty be broken?
- Should you close doors in unused rooms
- Is the vapor pressure partial
- What is HCl in an aqueous solution
- What is my driver's license ID number
- Can an antelope smile
- Love means giving
- What is your Home Decor Personality Type
- What is a layered separation
- If the universe is, we see an illusion
- How fast is the engineering
- How do I become a freelance model
- Has anyone got a job through LinkedIn?
- Most of the members of the IBEW are socialists
- Bangladesh becomes a great power
- Copenhagen has a metro system
- How many hours does this elitism test last?
- Why is humanity so brilliant
- How would you create a rope arrow
- Taehyung has an idol ex