Do Presidents Clinton and Obama have PhDs
Doctor Jill, Mrs. Biden and the role of First Ladies
Jill Biden, wife of future President Joe Biden, wants to continue working as a teacher - white house or not. And carries her PhD with pride. How first ladies from Eleanor Roosevelt to Hillary Clinton to Michelle Obama have laid out their position.
"Madame First Lady - Mrs. Biden - Jill - kiddo": The American author Joseph Epstein opened his commentary on Jill Biden in the "Wall Street Journal" with these very different forms of address. His concern: The future First Lady of the USA should stop insisting on her doctorate. ", Dr. Jill Biden ‘sounds deceptive, if not to say bizarre, and feels like it,” wrote Epstein. Biden was only a doctor of education, so his argument, Ph.D. degrees are not worth much outside of the natural sciences anyway because university standards have become so lax. Biden should better dedicate himself to the new title: First Lady.
In Austria, the country where titles still rule, Epstein's wish may seem strange; in the USA, the 83-year-old essayist interpreted the comment as an insult to Biden and as a sexist undercut. Biden has had her PhD since she was 55; the English teacher received her PhD from the University of Delaware in 2007. Even then, she was able to look back on decades of teaching. And Biden is clearly proud of her job. When her husband, Joe Biden, first ran as a candidate for the US presidential election in 1988, she let it be known that, as first lady, she was planning to continue working as a teacher.
- Why AngularJS is very popular
- What is the atomicity of carbonate
- How are new stars born
- How many types of anvils are there
- What is a 409A
- Do girls enjoy being stared at by strangers?
- What do Israelis think of Viktor Orban?
- Does the meat tofu taste vegan
- What types of TV shows are copyrighted
- How can I excel in machine learning
- Do you make your own color
- Is there a formula for sinx 1
- Is copper a noble gas
- What do actions, not words, mean
- What is orbital overlap
- What does Hillary Clinton's oscillating favorable ratings explain?
- Overwatch is free to play on PC
- What is 3D art made by VR
- What can be found on the DBMS
- Are you a gay republican
- What kind of computer are you using
- What is combinatorial synthesis in chemistry
- How can I contact Dmitry Medvedev
- Are possum vermin