Is Rosemary's Baby really a horror movie
After their wedding, the unsuccessful but ambitious actor Guy Woodhouse and his wife Rosemarie move into an old house on New York's Central Park West. After a short time, Guy visits the neighbors more and more frequently, the elderly couple Minnie and Roman Castevet. Both of them seem a bit strange to Rosemary. After Guy surprisingly gets the lead role in a Broadway play through the inexplicable blindness of a competitor, he suggests that Rosemarie have a child. On the planned night of love, Rosemary is dazed - perhaps from alcohol, but possibly also from the chocolate mousse Minnie made it. In a terrible nightmare, she is surrounded by Guy, the Castevets and their friends, while she is raped by the devil herself. In fact, the next morning she finds numerous scratch marks on her body ...
The best film in terms of horror and devil occultism. Based on the template by Ira Levin, Roman Polanski developed a superlative film: incredibly skilful structure (alternation between reality and possible dream, constant doubt and finally certainty), very well played, absolutely grippingly told and darkly staged, a super soundtrack. Incidentally, the film was produced by William Castle, who first tried his hand at acting at the end of the 1930s before moving behind the camera as director and producer. As such, he mostly made B-films (e.g. also the "Whistler" films) of various genres, but always maintained his predilection for horror stories and created his most remarkable works in this genre. Even when stars like Robert Mitchum, Joan Crawford, Barbara Stanwyck, Vincent Price, Glenn Ford and Robert Taylor worked with him, he was denied great success and he only made a name for himself with clever advertising propaganda (such as a high heartbeat insurance for the audience) attentive. Only the production of Polanski's "Rosmarie's Baby" brought him belated fame.
Photo: Paramount Pictures Corp.
- Can we drink sodium chloride
- How can I get low competition keywords
- Which topic do I take as my major?
- Number portability affects banking services
- How do I start living in Islam
- Where can I download the film Action?
- Who is the best retinal specialist in Bangalore
- Would you outsource your sales organization
- What makes people lose hope for education
- Performs Tech Mahindra background checks
- How are physics and life sciences related?
- Why are people interested in true crimes
- Is shampoo irritating to the skin
- What is a wave of existence
- The musical education improves the mathematical skills
- What kind of cake do you have
- A lot of reading can compromise originality
- What is a CRM Investment
- What is required to choose net neutrality
- Why is my heartbeat so weak
- Can North Korea survive under economic sanctions?
- Why is The Big Short rated R.
- How can students get Windows for free?
- Where did the Rothschilds come from?
- How do I follow people on Facebook
- Why does a balloon rise and burst
- Who delivers the judgments
- Why is NetBeans not working
- How come the dead around us
- Is the rating system better than the rating system
- Which superpowers are underestimated
- Can LinkedIn profiles be fake?
- What is a little known fact about you
- What's your favorite Gogol Bordello song