When did the California wildfire begin?
USA: Gigantic bushfires in California never end → important vineyards are burning, 26 dead
CALIFORNIA (USA): There is no end to the gigantic bushfires in California. Major wildfire in Northern California threatens to destroy homes and vineyards on September 29, 2020 as it pushes toward the state's famous viticulture valley.
Firefighters have made efforts to contain the fire, which began on Sunday morning (September 27, 2020 local time) about 120 kilometers north of San Francisco. Strong winds drove the devastating fire - the so-called glass fire - over more than 800 hectares in the Napa Valley, one of the most important wine regions in California. The fire started in the middle of the traditional grape harvest in the valley.
The region's 475 wineries make up only 4 percent of the state's total annual grape harvest, but half the retail value of all California wines sold, according to the Napa Valley Vintners trade group. The fire was within two kilometers of Adventist Health's St. Helena Hospital, which had to evacuate all 55 patients.
It was the 151-bed hospital's second wildfire-related evacuation in a month after a massive accumulation of lightning-fast flames hit several counties north of the San Francisco Bay region in August. Hospital spokeswoman Linda Williams said all patients were safely evacuated on Sunday lunchtime. "We had ambulances lined up from all over the Bay Area," she said.
Around 600 houses were also evacuated on Sunday.The authorities warned another 1,400 residents to be ready for immediate action. CalFire, the state's fire protection agency, said that on Monday, September 28, 2020, most parts of southern California would experience a weather condition of hot, gusty winds and predicted low humidity.
Over 1.5 million hectares and 26 dead
The California forest fires burned around 1.5 million hectares in the first nine months of 2020 → a new annual record for the state. The fires claimed 26 lives and destroyed more than 7,000 buildings. The neighboring states of Oregon and Washington saw more deaths and destruction.
- May women have an emotional man
- Why is Kali Linux legal
- Why are there holes in shirts?
- How did the challenges begin in the NFL
- Should a student be using Quora
- Why is the German export surplus so high
- Can the magnetic flux be negative
- Is advertising in print media under GST
- Why doesn't my door stay closed?
- What is ice salt solution
- Who is the actress in Resident Evil
- What does it mean to be tolerant
- What is the way of shame
- You can scream underwater
- Who are some famous Colombian football players
- Accenture has fixed hours
- Toothpaste is required to brush teeth effectively
- What is Thailand's Currency Exchange to Indian Rupees
- How does tempered glass protect smartphones?
- In which county is San Mateo, California
- How was WinCustomize developed
- How do I restore contacts to HTC One
- What are a few words for stupid charades
- What is the US presidential pension
- Why are we victims of fashion
- Where does your brain store computer passwords
- How could I be a better speaker?
- Are vacation management software efficient enough
- What is Malawi's people
- Why is the traffic in Nashville so awful
- What is a gin fizz
- Is empathically good or bad
- How can I join Suzuki Motor Gujarat
- Why is international marketing preferable?