What is Jataka in Buddhism
Jataka - Buddhist Rebirth Stories
3 volumes each approx. 800 pages (total 2400 pages)
In all countries of Buddhism and far beyond, descriptions of the Buddha's earlier existences enjoyed great popularity. They describe his wise and compassionate action for the edification of all beings when he approaches the final rebirth as a Bodhisattva, at the end of which he will leave samsara as Buddha and enter nirvana.
In the stories and fables, all character traits of man can be found, in their ups and downs. Therefore the Jatakas are also a timeless psychological work. The clear descriptions of the consequences of the work (karma) on the basis of which this great work is based are very haunting and instructive for the reader.
The Jatakas “(re) birth stories” consist of one or more verses that have been included in the Tipitaka as part of the canonical literature. These verses are embedded in a narrative, the actual Jataka, and explained by a commentary. In the literature of the Theravada school, which is widespread in Ceylon and Southeast Asia today, 547 Jatakas were possibly combined into a collection and put into a fixed form around the year 500 AD under the title Jatakatthavannana “Explanation of the meaning of the Jatakas”. They belong to the great works of world literature and have flowed into the myth-making and literature of many cultures.
In 1921 the Jatakas were published for the last time in book form. With a lot of work and financial commitment, we can now offer a slightly revised, complete reprint.
- Where is limestone found in Canada
- What are some cheap fast sports bikes
- China continues the Kashmir conflict
- Who are the best writers from Djibouti
- Have you ever tried sex chatting
- Are Chinese carbon gravel bikes good
- Who defeated Mongols in India
- There are solar powered refrigerators
- When does a chemical reaction occur
- What is the tallest mountain in Alaska
- What is a personal ethic
- When did Michael Phelps start swimming
- What are the six characteristics
- Is Patanjali's cow porridge pure
- Which one is right to fold or fold
- Helped Raikage with Borutos training
- Will Bran Stark Bloodraven
- Which foods offer natural antibiotic properties?
- Are NFL playoffs KO
- Who is Larry Nassar
- What happened to the Captian Americas sign
- What advantages does Mercurial have over Git
- Is Yngwie Malmsteen the reincarnation of Paganini
- Good graphic designers don't use CorelDRAW